Principal /Associate Geo-environment Consultant (Birmingham)
Reporting to senior members within the geo-environmental team, you will develop a geo-environmental team within the West Midlands that will operate within the existing geo-environmental setup of WYG.
With strong business development skills you will identify and secure new clients and build lasting relationships. You will also develop existing client relations in the region. You will impart your skills and experience through training and effective line management of more junior staff.
We are looking for a highly motivated Principal Consultant or Associate to join our Geo-environment team. WYG is looking to consolidate its position in Birmingham and the West Midlands and expand its geo-environmental presence facilitated by recent acquisitions. You will have extensive experience in various aspects of geo-environmental work which would include, but not exclusively, Phase 1 desk study, ground investigation, contaminated land assessment and remediation, project management and client liaison. You will also demonstrate experience across a range of sectors and geographical locations. Ideally you will have knowledge of the West Midlands, as well as key client contacts.
- You will be educated to degree level in Geology or Civil Engineering, with excellent experience of geo-environment work.
- You will possess contract administration, contract management and ground remediation skills and knowledge of industry standard contracts, including ICC and NEC and ground investigation standard specifications, ICE and HE.
- You will demonstrate a passion for and a proven track record of business development.
- Your background should range from infrastructure projects in rail and highways, as well as delivery to local and governmental authorities.
- You will have experience of conducting ground investigations in urban environments along with strong knowledge of health and safety, with the capability to manage the correct documentation, as well as staff and suppliers.
- You must have a full UK driving licence.
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through three interconnected business streams:
- WYG Advisory is a proactive management consultancy designed to help identify opportunities for our clients, support their decision-making processes and deliver effective programmes.
- WYG Consulting assembles specialist teams to offer high value services to the markets in which we operate.
- WYG International Development works to optimise the value and impact of donor funded projects in collaboration with our partners and other stakeholders. It aims to improve socio-economic stability, enhance infrastructure and unlock the potential for sustainable development.
WYG PLC’s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday. You’ll also benefit from great training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75243096