Purchasing Assistant Role
Company: Active IESA Supply Limited is a leading service provider of Industrial and Engineering Services with a 'blue-chip' client base throughout the UK. The company is growing and has openings for ambitious purchasing professionals.
Location: Head Office, Genesis Centre, Stoke-on-Trent.
Job type: Full time
Salary: £14,000 to £16,000
Looking for a Purchasing Assistant to join a busy purchasing team. You will be responsible for the purchasing of a wide range of industrial products and services.
Full training will be given to candidates who are new to purchasing, that have a strong back ground in customer services and/or administration.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to take a step into a buying role or someone looking for a new challenge.
- Placement of purchase orders.
- Arranging supplier quotations.
- Keeping costs and delivery low.
- Expediting purchase orders.
- Negotiation of pricing and account terms.
- Sourcing of industrial products, some of which will be hard to find.
- Processing customer requirements.
- Supporting the needs of the business and the department.
- Liaising with accounts.
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service.
- Highly organised.
- Excellent administration skills.
- Able to work in a high volume, demanding and challenging role.
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Hours of work - 8 hours, Monday to Friday with a 30 minute lunch break. (8.30 - 4.30)