Electrical Design Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an additional Electrical Design Engineer to join our client’s team in Walsall. This position would suit a time served Engineer who is seeking a new opportunity in order to progress their career.
This company develops and designs enclosures and busbar systems in accordance with BS EN to support the UK switchgear and control panel industry. This includes in house testing.
The Role of Electrical Design Engineer
It is envisaged that the successful candidate for the role of Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for the preparation and configuration of wiring diagrams, GA drawings, Bill of materials and test documentation for control systems and switchgear.
Responsibilities as Electrical Design Engineer
You will be responsible for the day to day management of projects which will involve communicating directly with customers and suppliers to ensure project requirements are achieved. The ideal Electrical Design Engineer will also work closely alongside the production and manufacturing departments and provide technical support as required.
It is also expected that the Electrical Design Engineer will ensure compliance with all design, regulatory and test requirements and be knowledgeable with CAD/CAM packages. You will be fully involved in enclosure and busbar testing programme and will co-ordinate testing programmes from concept through to final test reports.
Electrical Design Engineer Position Overview
• Preparation and configuration of GA drawings and wiring drawings for control panels and switchboards
• Completion of design work, drawing creation, bill of materials and test documentation documentation
• Project management to ensure projects are delivered on time and budget
• Work with customers and suppliers to ensure projects meet performance requirements
• Provide technical support
• Ensuring compliance with design & test requirements
Electrical Design Engineer Position Requirements
• HNC/HND or degree qualified in Electrical Engineering
• Previous experience in a design engineering role
• Working understanding of wiring diagrams & control packages
• Knowledge of various OEM components, including switchgear and control equipment
• Experienced in the use of CAD/CAM software packages
• Full UK driving license
In the role of Electrical Design Engineer you will receive a salary of £30,000 to £40,000 per annum depending on experience.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Manufacturing, sheet metal, steel, Electrical Design Engineer,
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75287581