Operational Risk Manager
A very established and growing firm are looking for an Operational Risk Manager to join their growing compliance team. The Operational Risk Manager will be responsible for delivering operational compliance with regulatory, legislative and client requirements which include FSA, Ofcom, CSA requirements as well as data protection and anti-money laundering legislation.
- Ensure incidents are properly investigated and that a proper record is maintained.
- Respond to complaints that are received and deliver appropriate responses and implement remedies to avoid repetition of complaint clause.
- Respond to requests for information under the Data Protection Act and requests to delete information.
- Carry out checks on new business loads including conflict checks on new matters (up to 500) against the firm’s data base.
- Calibrate calls for debt recovery agents eligible for a bonus and review all account challenges.
- Review workflows within the debt recovery unit to ensure they are kept compliant with up to date regulatory standards.
- Prepare for client audits and due diligence requests by completing pre-audit documentation requested and liaising with the client on the day of the audit and implementing remediation on recommendations made.
- Update training material to ensure it is compliant with legislation and work with the debt team to deliver training in a way which minimises time off the phone when required.
- Perform due diligence on new and existing suppliers, and undertake onsite and remote audits.
- Periodic reviews of all standard contact methods, including letter, email and SMS sent.
- Monthly sessions with debt recovery Team Leaders and agents to ensure consistency of marking and that the agents are aware of expectations.
- Pro-actively manage and implement changes such as for the introduction of the pre-action protocol.
- Proven operational risk experience.
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping.
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality.
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities.
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills.
Salary: £25-£28,000 + Company bonus
Holiday: 22 days holiday (plus bank holidays), increasing to 30 with length of service
Benefits: Pension with current contributions at 3% employee and 4% employer. Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Childcare vouchers, Healthcare cash back scheme, Rewards portal to access offers and savings on a huge range of goods and services from over 450 retailers.
Free onsite car parking and onsite staff café, an active social committee who organise various events throughout the year.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75305639