SF Group are currently recruiting for a Assistant Accountant to join a company on a short term basis. The company is looking for someone to start immediately in what is a busy time for the business.The role in essence will be to assist the Purchase Ledger Manager in meeting external bank reporting obligations in an efficient and timely manner. To assist with routine month end processes including creditors control account reconciliations, accruals, prepayments, stock costing and reporting, preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and cashflow forecasting.
- Support the preparation of all weekly borrowing base certificate bank reporting
- Assist with posting and reconciling the payments on the company bank accounts (including the loan accounts)
- Work with the purchase ledger manager in compiling audit information for the year end, annual stock and quarterly RBSIF audits
- Assist with completing the posting and reconciliation of accruals and prepayments across the Group
- Maintain the excel fixed asset register, depreciation posting and reconciliation to the GL
- Production of purchase related management information on a weekly and monthly basis
- Reconcile the monthly VAT and duty returns
- Assist with Monthly reconciliation of investment company and intercompany balances
- Support the General accounts assistant PL with posting of stock invoices and other tasks as required
- Completing all creditor related National Statistics questionnaires
- Support the purchase ledger manager in ad hoc projects
- Role related knowledge, skills, behaviours
Qualifications and Experience required
- AAT (or other appropriate accounting qualification) studier, foundation stage complete, with a working knowledge of balance sheet reconciliations, accruals and prepayments
- Efficient, effective and highly organised. An ability to follow instructions accurately, accurate posting and a neatness of work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive approach, with ability to build rapport with suppliers and internal customers. Willingness to assist colleagues in busy times
- Some working knowledge of audit practices, principles and procedures
The client is looking for someone who is Immediately available or can start on short notice.
If this role is of interest, please apply now.