Creative Photographer - Movie & Comic Book Merchandise
A full time Creative Photographer is required for a successful, independent online retailer specialising in the sale of premium videogame, movie and comic book merchandise based near Birmingham City Centre.
Does the thought of working in a creative environment with brands like Marvel, Star Wars and DC set your Spider senses tingling? Can you take photos like Peter Parker and make art like Jack Kirby? Do you know your Doctor Doom from your Doctor Who? Will you be booking a day off work the day Destiny 2 releases?
This is an exciting opportunity to be a key part of a lean, forward thinking e-commerce team that is experiencing rapid growth in an interesting industry.
You will be the sole member of the team, working directly with the Company Directors. Your main responsibilities will be to photograph and create images that showcase our products in a way that will most excite customers, who are ardent fans of the brands we sell (such as Star Wars, Superman Batman etc).
Your responsibilities will cover all areas, from the initial inception of ideas to producing the end results. You will:
• Be creative and have strong ideas about how products can be best showcased
• Have a deep knowledge and understanding of comicbooks, movies, videogames and geek brands
• Have extensive product photography experience, working in a studio environment
• Have experience of pinning and styling clothing
• Welcome the challenge of working work on a minimal budget, by making the most of lighting, free locations, existing props, and Photoshop
• Be able to replicate a brand’s aesthetics through the use of Photoshop, lighting etc
• Have a strong desire to create images that 'wow’ customers
• Have excellent Photoshop skills
• Create graphics as required for the website, newsletters and other platforms
• Liaise with models, freelancers and other departments
As a rapidly growing organisation, your role will develop and change to meet the needs of the company.
The successful candidate will be a creative individual in love with geek brands, who is constantly able to come up with new, exciting ideas and has the technical ability to execute them. You will also have:
• An amazing portfolio of images in this, or a related niche
• Excellent organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• A self-motivated ability to constantly improve upon your work
• A passion for videogame, movie and geek brands
The successful candidate will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement and will benefit from the following:
• A key position in an exciting, fast growing, independent company
• A chance to work alongside exciting brands like Star Wars, Marvel, Destiny etc
• Ample nearby street parking available
• 20 days holiday per year, pro-rata
The Creative Photographer role is based in offices located in Erdington, Birmingham.
To apply, please include a covering letter with a link to your current portfolio of design/photography work.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25 - £40k
Head of Design & Photography - Birmingham
£25-40k - DOE