Senior Developer / Technical Lead
Senior Java Developer / Tech Lead
We are a booming new gaming technology business based in the Marston Green area, who are looking to add an experienced developer to the team who can help drive forward an expanding new team!
- Based in Marston Green, Easily commutable from anywhere in the West Midlands
- Salary of up to £50,000
- To apply please call or email
WHO ARE WE?
We are a gaming software business who focus on building bespoke and custom game engine solutions. We use bespoke Game Engines to build and deploy our games, using cutting edge technologies to create the best products on the market! All of this helps us work towards our goal of becoming the #1 bespoke Game Development agency in the country.
As our development team is still relatively small, this role will give you the unique opportunity to make your mark on the team and have a massive impact on our on-going success!
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for someone with a genuine passion for all things gaming, and technology. We all live and breathe technology so we are looking for someone who loves tech as much as us! We need someone who has extensive programming experience with Java, C++, C or C# who has also worked on business critical projects. We need someone who understands what it takes to deliver time critical projects on time and to an exceptional standard! We want someone who can be a key technical leader, working closely with our tech director to act as the lead figure on all projects!
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
You will be working on the back-end of our bespoke gaming engines, which will involve a lot of work with Java, SQL, and Multi-threading and will require you to gain a strong understanding of the logic behind our gaming engines to help create exceptional games that have a high performance back-end database/ server that allows them to be as fast as possible!.
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN…
- OOP Programming experience in either Java, C, C++ or C#
- GNU/Linux and Unix Systems
- Experience working with source control systems (Git or SVN)
- Knowledge of Network Programming (TCP/IP Stack, UDP, Web Sockets, HTTP Stack)
- Knowledge of Multi-threading techniques and paradigms
- Experience with Continuous Integration
- Understanding of Agile work flow
- Strong mathematics skills
IT'S NICE TO HAVE…
- Distributed Systems Design
- Service Oriented Architecture/Micro service development
- Leadership qualities
- Experience managing a technical team
- Experience building high performance / high throughput software
TO BE CONSIDERED…..
Please either apply by clicking online or emailing me directly to . For further information please call me on / . I can make myself available outside of normal working hours to suit from 7am until 10pm. If unavailable please leave a message and either myself or one of my colleagues will respond. By applying for this role you give express consent for us to process & submit (subject to required skills) your application to our client in conjunction with this vacancy only. Also feel free to follow me on Twitter @SearchableJim or connect with me on LinkedIn, just search James Roberts in Google! I look forward to hearing from you.
JAVA / C / C++ / SQL / GNU / LINUX / UNIX / MULTI THREADING / GIT / SVN / TCP/IP / UDP / WEB SOCKETS / HTTP STACK / CONTINUOUS INTEGRATION / AGILE /