HR Project Consultant
Here at EY we are commited to building a better working world and to do that we are looking to continually make improvements in our systems, processes and people agenda. To assist in this we are looking for a HR Projects Consultant to join us on a 6 month fixed term contract basis in our Birmingham office.
Working as part of EY's UK Talent Shared Services (UK TSS) centre, the HR Project Consultant will contribute to a wide portfolio of project activity aligned to HR Services and Regional change. The HR Project Consultant will report to the UK TSS Head of Projects.
- Create and maintain project documents through consistent use of EY project tools e.g. project plans, governance models, roadmaps, actions logs, project charters, risks and issue logs
- Creation of visio process maps to underpin service delivery in achieving Exceptional Client Service (ECS)
- Consult and collaborate to build robust relationships across all UK TSS Service Teams, HR Services and Regional stakeholders, to ensure best practice is shared and to guide project deployment
- Respond to, manage and resolve all issues raised by project team members
- Identify risks and escalate as appropriate
- Troubleshoot issues, identifying root cause and following through to resolution
- Contribute to the overall development of UK TSS by encouraging change and identifying areas for efficiencies aligned to EY's global systems landscape
- Develop and apply an understanding of business needs (client service proposition) to guide approach to delivery of project tasks.
- Contribute to UK TSS and TSS projects and initiatives
- Contribute to building a team with a reputation for delivery exceptional client service
- Commit to own personal development and completion of appropriate learning and development activities to ensure capability and skills are current.
- Coordination of multiple project deployments. Previous projects include the deployment of a Global HR system (GHRS), the integration of a new benefits provider and benefits platform and deployment of a new global reporting and analytics tool (People Insights).
- Work with UK TSS teams to review their scope of service, identifying opportunities to enhance service offering, reduce costs and improve productivity. Previous examples include a review of Recruitment Services reporting process which lead to the implementation of a new suite of recruitment reports and a review of EY's diversity and inclusiveness data process which lead to process and system enhancements.
- Creation and coordination of project documents (as above) working with project members on the delivery of key project milestones and deadlines
- Participate and assist in preparing for meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead project review meetings to discuss team responsibilities, priorities and ensure delivery of key milestones to specific delivery deadlines
- Proactively manage stakeholder updates and communication of key project achievements
- Effectively manage escalation of project tasks to internal stakeholders and/or external third party suppliers
- Support the UK TSS Leadership team and Managers in flexing UK TSS scope of services to adapt to business need/change.
- Work in line with HR Services strategy to develop appropriate local vs global systems solutions where necessary
- Leverage subject matter experts opinions to shape and employ best practice methodology
- Utilise judgement of priorities, current issues and knowledge to review and respond personally to queries via telephone or e-mail: take ownership of enquiries and ensure issues are referred onto the appropriate person accurately and in a timely fashion, ensuring closure
Experience & Qualifications
- Previous experience in HR project management and leading functional change in a service delivery environment
- Strong organisational and planning skills together with an intelligent, proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to forge strong working relationships within Talent Shared Services (TSS) and internal/external teams
- Ability to influence and manage stakeholder relationships adapting to change, flexing style and approach
- Able to work under pressure to prioritise workload and manage multiple projects. Demonstrate flexibility to delivering of project tasks
- Able to demonstrate initiative and vision and identify opportunities for process improvement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75307325