Senior Data Analysts - SAS / SQL - Birmingham
Job Title: Senior Data Analysts - SAS / SQL
Salary: Up to £40,000 + bonus & benefits
Our client a global bank is looking for a Senior Analyst to join their Analytics team based in Birmingham.
The primary purpose of the role is to deliver analytical projects which help the business achieve its strategic objectives.
- Analysis to identify opportunities to acquire new customers that meet revenue and risk appetite
- Understand the drivers of dormancy and reduce customer attrition
- Conduct product pricing reviews
- Support segmentation initiatives to ensure customers receive the right level of service Understand customers' channel usage e.g. branch, mobile, internet, phone
- Deliver actionable information to frontline staff to help them manage their customer portfolios
- Support Regulatory Compliance and redress programmes
- Identify and manage Financial Crime risk in the customer base
Skills & experience required:
- Well-developed analytical skills to extract information from data and translate to business language & financial impacts
- Ability to manage time effectively to ensure delivery of multiple projects.
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate analysis and recommendations to colleagues
- Experience of manipulating large data sets via SAS/SPSS/SQL programming
- Experience of applying analytical techniques to data to produce explanatory or predictive results
- Extensive experience of working in a similar analytical role within commercial banking for a financial service organisation.