Systems Technical Lead
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
The Infrastructure Delivery department is seeking a Systems Technical Lead to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family based at our offices in Staffordshire, England.
The Systems teams are responsible for the design and support of our expanding global server and storage estates underpinning our front end presence, back end processing and data platforms, as well as everything in between. The successful applicant will demonstrate an in depth technical understanding of these key technical elements and take ownership of new solutions being developed within the teams. Working closely with the Systems Architect and cross domain Technical Leads, you will ensure designs are in line with broader holistic Infrastructure architecture.
• Assisting in driving the provision of scalable, maintainable, performant infrastructure utilising agreed technology.
• Providing technical solutions by leveraging your awareness of emerging technologies and understanding their fit.
• Seeking creative and commercially viable ways to leverage Open Source solutions.
• Owning technical solutions from POC to implementation.
• Being an active communicator on technical issues and solutions both within our team and outside.
• Using your enthusiasm for technology to help and mentor others with in the team.
• Significant experience and knowledge of Linux (preferably Red Hat derivatives) and Windows operating systems.
• Experience automating infrastructure and solutions at scale using tools like Ansible, Foreman, Jenkins.
• Experience of OSS tooling integrations and customisation.
• Scripting/development experience preferably in one or more of bash, Python, Golang, Powershell, C#.
• Version control management systems experience (Git, SVN, etc).
• Exposure to modern storage solutions an advantage (Swift/Ceph).
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
• Degree level qualifications in a Technology related subject.
• Experience working in a senior technical role (technical team lead, principal engineer) with a broad cross domain technology exposure.
• Awareness of PCI DSS current version.
The closing date for applications is Monday 28th August 2017.
To apply, send your CV and Covering Letter, quoting the Job Reference Code SYTECHL0717RD to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ or click on the link to apply.