Site Manager Residential - Grade 4
Umbrella rate at £10.48ph
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Site Manager on a temporary basis. They would like someone who has the experience and knowledge in the following:
- Carrying out security procedures for site buildings and grounds.
- Opening and closing of premises, including gates, doors, windows, fire exits etc., for the purpose of site use, maintenance and emergency services.
- Regularly checking the proper operation and function of alarms and fire equipment and ensuring emergency exits are not obstructed.
- Liaising as necessary with the emergency services, including calling out of emergency services as required.
- Reporting acts of vandalism to the line manager.
- Assist with the sales of souvenirs and the onsite tuck shop.
Internal Maintenance- Report all defects which require specialist repair, inspect electrical fittings and report defects as required.
- Replace lamps and domestic fuses as required.
- Regularly inspect plumbing and report/repair defects as appropriate, synchronise clocks, time switches etc., as required.
- Undertake minor repairs to fixtures and fittings including desks, tables and chairs as appropriate.
- Order and take delivery of materials to deal with repairs mentioned above.
- Subject to safety regulations, redecoration of any area, agreed as reasonable on instruction from line manager.
- Be responsible for the supply and availability of all hygiene materials.
- Remove graffiti etc. as required by line manager.
- Carry out minor repairs to site equipment as agreed with the line manager.
- Purchase materials for minor repairs.
- Carry out minor works in order to improve the site as required by the line manager.
- Attend appropriate training courses as required by line manager.
External Maintenance - Maintain cleanliness and general tidiness of all external hard areas.
- Empty litter bins on a daily basis.
- Clean and clear all drains and gullies to ensure effective and healthy operation.
- Inspect outside fabric of site buildings, report/repair defects as appropriate. Inspect all fences, gates, walls, steps, lights etc.
- Report/repair defects as appropriate.
- Undertake designated grounds maintenance duties.
- Clear leaves, snow, ice, moss and detritus as appropriate including treatment of surfaces with salt etc.
- Inspect all outside areas for dangerous materials and remove, including external emergency clean of spillage.
- Pruning and clearance to ensure unrestricted access and use of premises including perimeter fencing.
- Carry out internal/external window cleaning where required.
- Carry out minor works in order to improve the site, as required by the Headteacher and Board of Governors.
- Regularly check both internally and externally for any potential danger to pupils, staff or visitors and report immediately to the line manager.
- House on site - It is a condition of employment that this is a residential post.
Key Accountabilities -
- To be accountable for and promote equality, diversity and community cohesion to meet Council, Directorate and Service objectives. All employees have a responsibility not only for their own behaviour, but also for others regarding equality of opportunity. Any incident must be reported.
- To participate in a Performance Review and Development meeting and undertake a plan of training where necessary. Develop his/her own skills and expertise in a professional manner.
- In addition to all the responsibilities listed above, all employees must be flexible in their approach and undertake other duties that are commensurate with post holder's level, wherever they may be, to achieve the objectives of the Directorate.
- To represent the Council and Directorate in a professional manner meeting the Corporate and Directorate aims. To comply with Directorate and Corporate policies.
- If appropriate to be responsible for the recruitment and performance management of designated teams and individuals in accordance with Corporate and Directorate aims and management style.
- To comply with the council's financial regulation and standing orders
- To actively promote Dudley's commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults at a level appropriate to this group.
- Employees must comply with health and safety legislation and will be required to comply with the Council's Health and Safety Policies. All employees must ensure that they take reasonable care of their own health and safety as well as the health and safety of any person that is affected by their actions.
- To be responsible for adhering to legislative requirements and Council Policies and Procedures including, but not exclusively health & safety, Data Protection and Internet/Email use.
Willing to undergo training as required; able to understand and apply regulations (such as health & safety, manual handling regulations etc.).
Able to operate electrical / mechanical systems
Competent at basic building repairs and maintenance and grounds maintenance.
Use of small industrial I electrical I mechanical equipment.