MandM Direct has over 30 years experience of trading. Led by our Board of Directors, we are now one of Europe’s leading online, off-price retailers. We offer big brands at low prices - with over 3 million customers and 57 million website visits per year.
We are looking to recruit a Developer to join our IT Development team. Reporting to the Head of Development, you will be responsible for the UI elements of the website ensuring a consistently high level of quality. You will be involved with the technical design and will work with an experienced development team.
Main duties will include:
- Developing and improving the website code base and content, adhering to responsive web design patterns and ensuring high-quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Collaborating with the e-Commerce team to optimise the website and improve usability throughout the customer journey
- Following best practices and standards for accessibility and cross-browser compatibility
- Performing peer reviews of code changes and adhere to IT Principles and Standards
- Ensuring the features developed are produced to the highest possible quality in the fastest possible time and no less
- Ensuring that the Agile Software Development Life Cycle is followed
- Keeping up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Improving the website and identify any functional, technical or performance problems providing suggestions for improvements and coding them.
Skills and knowledge required:
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Very strong attention to detail
- Confident and works well as a team member
- Enthusiastic, adaptable and always thinking outside the box to achieve our vision
- Analytical in approach, tenacious and driven by results
- Highly numerate and literate, with the ability to produce top quality written specifications
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills
- The experience of working in an Agile Development Team including TDD and BDD methodologies and Test Automation would be desirable.
Location and hours:
This is a permanent position, working Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm and will be based at our head office in Leominster, Herefordshire.