Role: Health & Safety Manager
Salary: Negotiable p/a / Benefits: 6% Pension, Life Assurance, Profit Share Scheme
- We are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Manager for our client to act as an appointment person under the management of H&S at Work Regs (1999).
- The roles will be working with the client to provide advice and assistance in relation to their health and safety responsibility and will be responsible for ensuring the company complies with all legal health and safety requirements.
- The role will be advising and making recommendation, best practices, guidance, industrial standards and ACOP.
- The role will also be proactively working at all levels within the organisation to establish and maintain a system of the highest health and safety standards.
- To ensure the companies health and safety policy and procedures are implemented and adhered to across the organisation.
- In conjunction with the senior management team, develop short, medium and long term health and safety improvement plan and programme and manage the implementation of these initiatives across the business.
- Keep abreast of health and safety legislation and ensure senior management team and all the managers are appropriately advised on changes to legislative requirements.
- To monitor, through inspections, audits and safety tours the effectiveness of the health and safety management system and make recommendations to improve safety procedures and work practices when required.
- Ensure all statutory inspections required are completed and records are accurate and up to date.
- Ensure accident investigations are carried out to the required standard and within a suitable time frame, producing supporting documentation and implementing proactively, corrective action plans, including recommendation of possible disciplinary action.
- Prepare regular reports to health and safety for the senior management team and liaise with relevant authorities as necessary.
- Assist in the identification of training needs for employees and develop and deliver training as required, including risk assessment and safe systems of work.
- Own, manage and champion the company safety rules and near miss reporting health and safety initiatives ensuring, review, audit, feedback and closure, including agreed actions.
- Lead and motivate health and safety representatives to guarantee involvement and commitment to a positive health and safety culture.
- Manage and provide technical advice and report on health and safety initiatives at monthly health and safety meeting at each location.
- Monitor, manage and report on the services provided by contractors in line with the company health and safety safe working practices and safety rules.
- Manage the company OHSAS18001 accreditation.
- Carry out OHSAS18001 regular programmed internal audits and facilitate external certification audits.
- Review the health and safety management system (when required) and align policies and procedures with both site operations and legal requirements.
- Report any notifiable breaches of health and safety to the senior management team.
- Initiate and manage process for applying for and maintaining recognised health and safety awards, i.e RoSPA Gold.
- Any associated adhoc duties.
- Min. 5 Years' experience within the H&S field.
- Chartered member of the institute of occupational safety and health (CMIOSH)
- Good working knowledge of CDM2015 reg.
- Professional qualification - NEBOSH or NVQ Equivalent.
- Experience of environmental and quality management systems.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75290390