Team Leader Background Check Services
Key responsibilities of the BCS Team Leader will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To co-ordinate and effectively manage all available resources to deliver a high quality BC service, by ensuring that all cases are completed to the agreed client requirements and service levels agreements.
- Co-ordinate and motivate the team to ensure that work items/cases are being proactively managed.
- To monitor work items within the technology platform to ensure that the team are performing against the agreed SLA targets.
- To monitor and support the team's activities, and take responsibility for conducting regular team meetings, 1-2-1's and performance appraisals where required.
- To act as an ambassador for the Pontoon Lean Pathway and actively support and promote Lean methodology including participation in the daily team and Manager huddles
- To ensure team members understand and apply company and statutory operating procedures.
- Be able to cover other Team Leaders within the team, ensuring that SME knowledge is transferred and recorded appropriately.
- To provide new and existing team members with training, support, guidance, coaching and development to be able to perform their roles successfully.
- To track performance against SLA's, and highlight any issues if necessary.
- Become a subject matter expert in Client Requirements and Escalation Matrices.
- Become a super user within the Technology Platform.
- To act as escalation point of contact for any queries, if resolution not possible, escalate to Head of BCS in a timely manner
- To proactively review and monitor BCS processes/procedures from time to time, and with management approval, suggest and implement improvements were possible.
- To ensure all client/account updates are delivered by the team on time and in accordance to agreed standards.
- To take ownership of all client audits & policy reviews
- To develop effective working relationships with key internal and external customers.
- To adopt & demonstrate the company's core values in the delivery of a customer-focused service, acting upon service feedback.
- Cultivate a positive team environment at all time
- Act as a role model for new & existing team members, maintaining professionalism at all times
- Support Head of Dept with any relevant internal/external projects & initiatives
- Show an interest in projects outside BAU
EDUCATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Education to GCSE standard preferred
- Pre-employment screening background (preferred)
- Management experience of small teams in an office environment (preferred)
- Team delivery of PES service to agreed client SLAs
- 100% compliance in Client audits
- Provide accurate weekly performance reports to Head of BCS
- Team accuracy above 95%
- Team productivity to be at 100%
- Successful completion of annual objectives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Complete Background Checking knowledge of all aspects including but not limited to (processes, policies, SLA, business/client requirements).
- Client requirements and process.
- Experience of leading a team/being a Team Senior
- Full Systems knowledge, including SME level on technology platform
- Capacity/Accuracy/Productivity tracking
- Pontoon Lean Pathway
- Leads by example and takes initiative
- Commercial acumen
- Solution Minded (brings solutions to problems)
- Delegates effectively where applicable
- Effective communications & stakeholder management skills
- Methodical, meticulous, and able to pay attention to fine detail
- Customer service orientation
- Assertive telephone manner
- Time management with the ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to identify necessary change and improvement
- Passion and desire to deliver a best in class service 100% of the time
- Team management