With more than 5,100 employees and over 300 SPAR stores located across England and Wales, our client is one of the UK’s leading convenience store operators.
Putting people first is the philosophy that has resulted in the company becoming the dynamic, forward-thinking success story that it is today, and it is this belief that will continue to drive the company’s growth forward in the next century.
Position: Sales Assistant
Location: Catshill / Bromsgrove / Batchley
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 16-20 hours per week, Various shifts to meet needs of business , incl. evenings and weekends
Benefits: Staff Discount, Staff Lottery, Company Pension Scheme, Savings Scheme, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Staff Social Fund, Life Cover, Health Cash Plan, Employee Volunteering opportunities.
Closing Date: August 27, 2017
About the role:
The Sales Assistant will assist in maximising sales and profit by carrying out allocated tasks in order to contribute to the continuous improvement of the store and staff and provision of friendly, efficient service to customers, colleagues and visitors.
- Deliver customer service in line with service standards
- Contribute ideas for driving the business and its team forward
- Use relevant processes and policies to ensure the security of people, stock and cash
- Report all customer complaints to manager on duty
- Adherence to cash and stock control policies
- May be required to work evenings and weekends
- Basic education (numeracy and literacy)
- NVQ Level 2-3 in Retail Skills, Customer Care or similar is preferred
- NCPLH (National Certificate for Personal License Holder) is desirable
- Previous experience in a similar role and / or industry is preferred
- Some understanding of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment and the skills to assist with those responsibilities
- Ability to contribute ideas for driving the business and its team forward
- Experience of using a Challenge 25 policy desirable
- Previous cash handling experience is preferred
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
- Flexible approach to working hours
You may have experience of the following: Retail Assistant, Supermarket, Customer Service, Grocery, FMCG, Store Assistant, Food Retail, Convenience Store, Sales Assistant etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.