Assistant Kiln Manager
Assistant Kiln Manager - Stoke on Trent - Salary 30k
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Kiln Manager to work within our fast-paced environment.
This role will be on a rotating rota of Days: 06:00 hours - 14:00 hours, Noons: 14:00 hours - 22:00 hours and Nights: 22:00 hours - 06:00 hours.
To control the firing processes in all their aspects including technical, mechanical, electrical and practical areas. This is in order to produce consistent quality products efficiently and economically.
We are looking for
The ideal candidate will possess a skill set consisting of commitment, drive and enthusiasm as well as being extremely business focused.
We are also looking for an individual with:
• Minimum of 2 years 'Managerial’ experience.
• Minimum of 5 years 'Kiln’ experience.
• Good PC Skills, including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
• Knowledge of Kiln Firing/drying processes and technology
• Have a pro-active approach to your job role..
• Able to work alone and as part of a team.
Key Responsibilities (to include but are not exhaustive):
• Design and implementation of firing schedules, kiln furniture.
• Maintain records and readings of all instruments for each throughput speed.
• To make instruments available for calibration as and when required by the quality manual.
• To co-operate with the 'Clay End’ managers with the design of refractory profile setters and thereafter maintain the quality and stocks of these.
• Reviews of processes, methods and technology will be carried out.
• Investigation of new developments in technology and products.
• Close co-operation with the Laboratory team is required in producing the routine samples and trials and their monitoring.
• Ensure that all production targets are met, as set by the Kiln Manager/Manufacturing Director.
• Source most efficient and economical route of ware/product through kiln processes and reroute ware/product as appropriate to ensure that efficiencies are met.
• People management - responsible for the management of all kiln personnel in all aspects, with the support of the Kiln Manager as appropriate.
• Provide 24-hour support and cover for all kilns on site. Covering for the Kiln Manager for holidays and absences as appropriate.
In return, the successful candidate/s can expect to earn a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including:
• Competitive Basic salary (£30,000 per annum).
• Benefits including: Paycare, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to work Sheme, Pension Scheme, Bonus Scheme.
• 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays) increasing with service.