Engineering Area Manager
We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Area Manager to Cover the West Midlands area. The Engineering Area Manager will be managing the delivery of engineering activity reactive, planned and other throughout the assigned geographical region across multiple diverse client sites.
The Engineering Area Manager will Ensure Carillion deliver a safe, customer focused, cost effective, efficient and compliant service in order to meet its contractual and legal obligations and will be accountable for technical delivery and completion of all contract KPI / SLA agreements and the account or role could have significant, systemic positive or negative impact to Carillion or Clients.
As the Engineering Area Manager you will be will be accountable for the delivery of Statutory and Mandatory requirements throughout the contract and the operations or activities overseen are for complex or critical infrastructure. The role is a mobile engineering consultancy function within a specified region across multiple sectors.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads their team in effective operation and maintenance of M&E infrastructure, equipment, processes or services.
• Technically manages and is responsibility for their own actions and the team’s performance.
• Consistently delivers clear concise briefing of technical issues to non-technical colleagues.
• Effective interpersonal skills to lead teams and liaise with peers.
• Experienced and capable of have technical accountability for M&E systems and solutions including simple standby generation and UPS systems.
• Work effectively with colleagues, clients, suppliers or the public, and be aware of the needs and concerns of others, especially where related to diversity and equality
• Accountability for project, finance and personnel management and managing trade-offs between technical, commercial and impact to systems or buildings.
• Effective interpersonal skills in communicating technical matters.
• Ensure that all Company H&S policies and procedures are rigorously enforced and promote the Carillion Don’t Walk By initiatives
• Regularly review safety performance and behaviours and implement improvement plans as necessary to ensure a safe and secure working environment.
• Ensure all engineers/technicians work in accordance with Work Instructions, Safe Working Practices and Method Statements ensuring relevant paperwork is completed in an accurate timely manner.
• Work safely, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of yourself, colleagues, customers and visitors.
• Ensure compliance with all IMS policies and procedures, including sustainability, quality and diversity.
• Ensure strict audit regime is adhered to check compliance with all legislation to meet governing body procedures
• Periodically review a sample of onsite Log books
• Ensure engineers provide an excellent customer experience to clients. Work in partnership with other management teams to support and enhance client relationships
• Maintains effective customer relationships within own area of responsibility
• Always looks for opportunities to improve the customer experience • Behave in line with and promote Carillion’s Values.
• Line management of a team of engineers.
• Recruits, develops and retains high performing engineering delivery resource.
• Engineers performance management, skills development, selection & recruitment, induction and appropriate training to ensure engineers are competent to undertake all required tasks.
• Ensures that engineering delivery resource has development objectives and training plans that are reviewed regularly and kept up to date.
• Set relevant objectives on an annual basis in line with Carillion’s PDR programme and hold regular 1:1s, and performance reviews with engineers.
• Deliver Team Talk to engineers each month and ensure attendance
Qualifications and Experience
Relevant Engineering Qualifications and technical specialist in an engineering specialism
Previous Management or supervisory experience in a similar environment would be advantageous
Experience of managing a multi-discipline team
Must be commercially aware
Experienced in working in a client facing role