An exciting opportunity for a Press Officer to join the team of this Derby based FS business.
A Derby based FS organisation seeking to engage a Press Officer.
The Press officer will:
- Provide first point of contact for all media enquiries, both during and outside of office hours. Manage all incoming press enquiries (phone and email). Ensure prompt response, e.g respond to all journalist enquiries within 2 hours maximum
- Monitor journalist enquiries and identify relevant opportunities using ResponseSource software and social media
- Develop good relationships with key journalists (national/consumer media and trade press) and pitching stories to key contacts, keeping detailed notes of all conversations and email dialogue
- Have day to day ownership of media distribution lists using ResponseSource and proactive press release/comment distribution. Ensure media distribution lists up to date (check weekly)
- Track forward features enquiries using ResponseSource and Social Media and provide weekly update of opportunities
- Provide a daily review of national media to understand news agenda and developing stories relevant to the client and provide daily snapshot of relevant stories to Senior Team (national press and trade media)
The successful candidate for the role of Press officer will ideally be a graduate and additionally possess experience of press and media relations gained in an agency environment.