Sensor and Instrumentation Engineer Manchester
Career development opportunity with Gas Sensor and Instrumentation systems for Manchester based technology leader, involving product development, calibration, test and product support of international client base.
SALARY: Circa £32,000 dependent upon experience
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS: 25 days Holiday + Stats, Pension
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Stoke, Liverpool, Chester, Leeds, Warrington, Manchester, North West
THIS ROLE WILL APPEAL TO YOU IF YOU:
* Have a background in engineering or science and enjoy data analysis and problem solving.
* Hold experience or an interest in sensor technology, electronics and technology.
* Want to develop your career with a technologically advanced and growing business.
JOB SPECIFICATION - Sensor and Instrumentation Engineer
Our range of sensors and instrumentation systems offers users significant product life advantage and sensing accuracy, which is fast becoming the standard within the industry. Working closely with the Managing Director and in-house technical teams, you will take responsibility in providing robust technical support and advice from sensor profiling, calibration and test, product development and provision of technical support to both field based engineers and international client base. This will involve:
* Investigation of technical queries to ensure accurate profiling of products in the field.
* Design and running of product tests to characterise sensors and instruments.
* Checking / testing of incoming goods to ensure conformity to specification and suitability for use.
* Work with suppliers to enable efficient and low cost manufacturing.
* Assistance to technical teams with new product development.
REQUIREMENTS - Sensor and Instrumentation Engineer
To be successful in your application you will ideally hold an interest in or have knowledge of sensor / instrumentation products, combined with strong analytical problem solving skills, also:-
* Be qualified to degree level or equivalent in an engineering or science related subject.
* Possess strong analytical skills sets to inspect test results and compare data to standard profiles.
* Have an understanding of basic chemical characteristics resulting from temperature and pressure fluctuations.
* Be able to interpret and communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical people.
* Be thorough and accurate in your approach.
* Experience of the water and waste water treatment industry would be a preference, although is not essential.
THE COMPANY - Sensor and Instrumentation Engineer
Born out of a university project we have gone from strength to strength over the last 10 years, launching new industry break through products to the waste water and water treatment industry. The last 5 years have seen us opening and partnering with distributors across the US and Canada, with future global expansion in the strategy. We are on the verge of our next huge growth spurt; an Ammonia based detection product with non-contactless measurement technique.
PLEASE NOTE - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Jason Cooper quoting Sensor and Instrumentation Engineer – Manchester, reference JC1707-67 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683312 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75298687