New opportunity not to be missed! Our client has an exciting opportunity available for a Development Chemist to join the team based at their Stratford-upon-Avon site. The successful Development Chemist will receive a competitive salary of £20,000 - £30,000 per annum depending on experience.
Would you like the opportunity to work with some of the world’s largest brands?
Our client is looking to recruit a Development Chemist at their Manufacturing site based in Stratford-upon-Avon.
They are a Top Track 250 company and has enjoyed year on year growth since its inception 21 years ago. In the past 5 years they doubled their business from £90 to £180m. They are made up of several divisions; Export, Manufacturing, Repack, IT, Discount, Enable, Design and Food Service. DCS is a dynamic player in the Health, Beauty and Household sector and they hold the unique privilege of being the official Distributors for some of the biggest brands in the market such as P&G, Gillette, Unilever, Colgate, SC Johnston and Reckitt Benckiser.
The Development Chemist Role:
The role will be in placed in the Manufacturing Division where they provide a one stop shop from concept to delivery. They fly the flag for - promoting ‘MADE IN ENGLAND’ products. They are passionate about creating and developing exceptional and affordable products in Bath & Shower, Hair Care, Skin Care, Male Grooming and Pet Care.
You will deliver allocated NPD projects on time, on cost, on quality, to brief.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities as their Development Chemist include:
- Complete formulation of new products in line with targets agreed by Head of Technical
- Reformulation of existing products for performance or cost benefits
- Initiate the setting up, monitoring and recording of stability and compatibility records
- Liaises effectively with raw material suppliers, ensuring that they have full use and knowledge of the latest materials and technology
- Costing of new formulations and ordering of materials for formulation work
- Preparing and packing off customer samples
- To keep accurate records of all Laboratory work undertaken
- Ensures high standards of GLP, making sure it remains a clean, safe and efficient environment
- Ensure Head of Technical is kept informed of the progress of all projects
- Understand and follow SOPs and work instructions
- At the request of the Head of Technical, carry out any other work as directed
Essential skills and experience needed to become their Development Chemist:
- A degree in a science-based subject, as well as 3+ years’ experience in cosmetics formulation, preferably within the contract manufacturing sector.
- An in-depth knowledge of materials, new innovations and technologies within cosmetics & toiletries
- A proven record of success in product development from concept to shelf, delivering products within regulatory/customer restrictions, on time and within budget.
- Experience within a factory environment would also be an advantage as you will be responsible for scale-up and full manufacture.
The role will involve dealing with internal and external customers at all levels and will have responsibility for the supervision of one or more Laboratory Technicians.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become the new Development Chemist then please click “Apply” today!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75303654