Our client is a diverse engineering group with a high successful set of revenue streams, and a stable business model supported by a varied product group. Situated within the project business, the Financial Controller will act as the right-hand to the business unit MD this is a #2 role, and is a #1 finance role for a cGBP100m t/o business.
As Financial Controller, your role will be split:
- Managing budgeting and forecasting requirements of a data hungry business, where early visibility and a 'no surprises' culture is expected
- Business partnering the Managing Director and the SMT
- Involved in all key project reviews (c40 concurrently) keeping a hand on the tiller in respect of cost-to-complete, cash-flow, B&F etc.
- Appraising bid and tender activity
- Managing and developing a talented and experienced team of finance team
- Candidates must be ACA, ACCA, ACMA qualified or equivalent (essential)
- Extensive experience in a project based business, with responsibility for the success of multi-million pound projects or contracts (essential)
- Currently working in a mainstream finance role (essential), managing a team of circa 8 (desired)
- Board/SMT level experience, and the gravitas to carry off effectively a Director-level role in challenging business (essential)
This role suits an experienced FD looking to show-case their commercial project-related finance experience in a new environment, or a Financial Controller already acting as #1 for a division/owner-managed business and looking to make a step up.
Package is attractive and can be discussed on application.