Engineering Manager - Manufacturing
Engineering (Maintenance) Manager - Manufacturing
GBP negotiable dependent upon experience, plus quarterly bonus, and pension, life assurance, BUPA and more??? Relocation package available. Possibility for additional sponsored role specific training.
We insist on quality, not just in materials and processes but also in the people we employ. We are now looking for either an ambitious person with a relevant Degree, Masters or PhD in an engineering, materials (metals) or manufacturing discipline who can step up to this role, or someone from a similar role in a relevant sector who can come in and hit the ground running; either way, this is an opportunity to join a world leading manufacturer within a niche industry, whose specialist processes and know how enable them to offer an industry leading range of products, supplying into sectors including aerospace, automotive, power generation, oil & gas and defence.
The main purpose of the role is to manage a multi skilled engineering team and external contractors in order to develop, improve and manage maintenance for equipment and manufacturing process, to meet the business commitments. An exceptional opportunity for someone with drive, ambition and vision in a role that will continue to develop offering wider scope, alongside realistic and achievable promotion opportunities.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the Engineering function in order to provide an efficient service to manufacturing operations
- Ensure robust and effective planned maintenance and problem solving systems are in place
- Ensure root cause analysis is conducted for all failures with corrective action plans implemented
- Identifying and implementing best practice engineering methods and techniques with the aim of continuous improvement in all areas
- Ensure Preventative and Planned maintenance is incorporated as a way of life - part of the drive to reducing wastage and non-value-adding activities
- Contribute to, and manage capital expenditure projects
- Managing & motivating a team of specialist engineers, supervisors and multi skilled engineers
- Developing and strengthening procedures and related documentation
- Play a leading part in Health, Safety & Environmental legislation adherence
- Deliver against KPI measures of safety, service (speed and reliability), quality and cost effectiveness
- Interface with customers at senior level; customer focussed, practicing principles of continuous business improvement
- Degree educated in an engineering/materials/metallurgy/manufacturing discipline
- Demonstrable experience of engaging and managing multi skilled site engineers and sub contractors
- Proven ability to lead a team and manage managers
- Must have the drive and enthusiasm to create and 'sell' plans for improving engineering procedures
- Analytical problem solver - able to distil complex issue into coherent solutions
- Completer/finisher - ability to see the 'bigger picture' and think laterally
- Highly effective communicator with the presence and confidence to influence at top level
About The Benefits: Salary and quarterly bonus scheme and BUPA. 33 days leave (includes Bank & statutory holidays), Sponsored additional training. Life Assurance, Stakeholder pension (employee and employer contributions), Health & Dental Insurance and more.
How to apply: In writing please with a CV and covering email/letter to our retained HR & Recruitment consultant. Due to the number of applications, it may not always be possible to respond to each one individually as such, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, it should be assumed that on this occasion your application has not been successful.