Consultant Doctor in Acute Medicine - Wales
We are currently seeking an experienced consultant in acute medicine for immediate placement in Wales. The position is available on a full time permanent basis.
Core duties for this Acute Medicine position would include:
- Providing rapid assessment, diagnosis and initial treatment of emergency medical patients
- Enabling an informed decision as to whether the patient requires admission or can be discharged home or to residential care with a plan of treatment
- Ensuring correct and timely diagnosis of new admissions
- Reviewing investigations and other results
- Assisting junior teams in constructing a management plan
- Advising on appropriate further investigations
- Ensuring appropriate treatment is prescribed
- Ensuring that resuscitation issues are addressed
- Discussing with patients/relatives the current issues
- Ensuring facilitation of early discharge planning
- Reviewing patients within the rapid assessment and other clinics
- Establishing and running an emergency outpatient clinic at the MAU to offer timely advice to GPs on patients not needing admission and who cannot wait six weeks to attend outpatients
- Overseeing the Ambulatory Care service when required
- Participating in the Consultant general medical emergency on-call rota (1 in 11) into include prospective cover for colleagues' annual leave and other authorised absences.
- Qualified in Medicine
- Valid GMC registration or in progress
The tangible benefits of working with ID Medical
- ID Medical School with CPD - accredited education programmes for medical professionals
- Excellent salary packages available
Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Excellent relocation package available
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- UK's leading Revalidation service for doctors, attested "Excellent" by NHS England
The ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme also allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
Please visit ID Medical for more opportunities to grow your career.
Follow us on twitter and Facebook.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.