Part-Time Internal Auditor
7 days left
- Contract Type
Make It Cheaper has been helping to put a smile on the face of British businesses since 2007 - and that's something we continue to strive for every day. So how do we do it? In a nutshell, our service takes the hassle out of shopping around for better deals on electricity, gas, insurance, telecoms and water.
Our incredible people, coupled with the great service we provide, have made us the biggest (and best!) energy broker for SME's in the UK which is why we are trusted by Go Compare, MoneySupermarket and uSwitch to look after their business customers.
Our people work incredibly hard to keep our customers smiling so we try to work even harder to keep them smiling too. Over the years we've built an environment where development and progression is encouraged, hard work is rewarded and fun is had along the way! Professional development, annual trips away, regular massages in the office, parties and awards are just a few of the things you can look forward to while working with us. We're confident we have what it takes to pass the duvet test every day. Come and work for MIC and you'll be leaping out of bed each and every morning!!
Make It Cheaper has grown a lot in the last 10 years and we have no plans to slow down. We've got big plans and this means we have to ensure the processes and policies we have in place are as efficient and effective as possible in order for us to realise our goals.
We've put a lot of work into creating and implementing our rhythms and processes but there's more to do. As we've grown we've got a bit like spaghetti, so we're looking for an Internal Auditor to straighten up what we have and make sure we don't take our foot off the gas.
As Internal Auditor you'll conduct operational reviews across all areas of the business and establish if our current processes are working effectively and where we can make improvements.
This is a brand new role, so you'll have the freedom to make it your own and the authority to drive through change in an environment that is open and eager for new ideas. In addition we have a young and dynamic Finance Team who will benefit from support from another experienced head.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluating manual and automated processes; identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues
- Create detailed reports on findings and present them to relevant stakeholders
- Make recommendations to Senior Management Team on ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of operational standards
- Work with management to support and advise in the development and implementation of effective, practical and cost-effective solutions
- Provide advice and assurance to Senior Management Team on key strategic decisions
- Assisting with the preparation and follow up of action plans
Skills & Qualifications:
- A relevant professional qualification (MIIA, ACA, ACCA etc)
- An in-depth knowledge of process review/internal audit techniques including experience of auditing change/projects
- Strong analytical and documentation skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Effective communication skills
- Attention to detail