Bid Writer - Construction/ Refurbishment
My client specialises in providing new build/ refurbishment services to the public and private sectors and are looking for a Bid Writer that will support the on-going growth of the company through the completion of tender responses to a high standard. Working as part of a small team they are looking for someone that is highly organised and comfortable working to strict deadlines, across multiple projects at a time.
- Monitoring the company central email inbox, collating opportunities for bid/no bid decisions, picking up and sending out tender messages/response to the relevant people and responding as directed
- Production and submission of Selection Questionnaires - planning the response and then completing the document to a good standard ensuring the responses are compliant and that any written sections answer the question fully and meet the client's expectations
- Organise and plan the production of tenders for construction or maintenance contracts -- reviewing tender documents, establish client requirements, allocate responsibilities, and track the progress of the deliverables to ensure tenders are delivered /uploaded on-time
- Produce high quality written responses on both general management topics (i.e. quality, health & safety) and operational issues (i.e. design solutions, site logistics, programme) - liaising with operations, business development and estimating colleagues to obtain information and support your answers where required.
- Work closely with the Estimators to understand the pricing / costing requirements to ensure written responses correlate to the priced solution
- Assist in the development of an effective library of bid information and case studies
- Ensure submission documents carry Company Brand and visuals / graphics are of highest quality.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- HNC / HND / Degree qualifications in a relevant discipline (i.e. Construction, Business Studies or English)
- Ability to work with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of public sector tendering processes