Technical Support Analyst
Technical Operations Support Analyst, Data Services
cGBP30k + Benefits, Coventry
This Innovative & forward thinking managed service partner is continuing expansion of their IT Services Technical Operations team. This fun, professional, technical team provides support for live systems and defined development systems. The Technical Operations Support Analyst works closely with the Operational Team Leader in support of Data Centre operations.
Your responsibilities include:
- Service delivery to internal & external customers through high system availability & data security.
- Provide technical support to the 24/7 (within core hours) Operations team.
- Be an operational point of escalation to technical teams and managed service customers.
- Support & Deputise for the Desktop Support Team
- Take an active role in IT Projects and IT Work-streams.
- Lead BAU process to ensure delivery of continuous improvement.
- Ensure contractual obligations are supported via monitoring tools and standard operating procedures.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and procedures in IT Operations including retraining and improving documentation.
- Maintaining the suitability for purpose and appearance of all production environments.
The skills required for the role include:
- Experience of BMC Monitoring Tools - Control M, Portal, PNET.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft suite of Operating Systems, applications & environments
- Strong desktop support skills supporting Windows 10 environment
- Operational experience in Linux / Suse
- Operational experience VMware
- Strong operational experience in major IT vendor environments
- Operational understanding data center environments
- Experienced in managing and prioritising workloads, projects, issues and risks
This role represents a good opportunity for an individual looking to build on their support career. A first move to management, deputising for the Team Lead and setting process, SLAs and Workloads for the team. Although this role supports a 24/7 environment it works within core hours for the group.
For further details please send in your application to the email provided.