Graduate Production Database Administrator
Graduate Production Database Administrator (SQL DBA)
Salary - GBP22,000 - GBP32,000 + Benefits
Graduate SQL DBA now required!! A fast-paced market leading company is looking for a Graduate Production SQL DBA to join there successful and growing IT team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-known brand that continues to grow internationally. Working within the talented Production Database team, you will play a key role in supporting the companies databases making sure their performance, availability, scalability and security - this is a high profile team that underpins the companies ability to continue to be market leading.
Key Skills Required for a Graduate Production DBA:
- Education and/or Commercial database administration with recent production database administration experience
- Education and/or Commercial experience of managing multiple distributed SQL 2008R2/2012/2014
Consideration for a Graduate Production DBA:
- 2:1 or above from university with a relevant degree
- If you have no previous experience working within a DBA role you should have opted for modules aligned to databases
- Natural problem solving abilities
- Some knowledge of SQL/MySql/Postgres
- Good programming experience
- Responsible for QA of all UAT and Production releases ensuring all processes are being followed
- Contribute to both the implementation of and the maintenance of a consistent approach to system monitoring that will ensure that both SQL and hardware KPI's are reviewed to achieve the business goals.
- Assist with the setup/upgrade and install SQL servers/clusters.
- Assist with the introduction of future methods/technologies
Whether you're a recent Graduate or have some commercial experience working with SQL, this is the perfect opportunity to fast track your career within a market leading organisation using the latest technologies where career progression is second to none.
For more info call Matthew Sherman on or email