My client, a multinational Aerospace and Defence firm, is looking for a PCB & EEE Inspector to join their Tamworth division. This position involves occasional travel to Portsmouth.
- You will work in a team of highly trained professionals in the field of PCB quality assurance for Space Application, within EEE Centre, the transnational organization in charge of any EEE/PCB activities (selection, procurement, engineering, etc) for flight application, within the Space Systems BL.
- This role will require regular travel to the manufacturer located in Portsmouth but also to other locations in Europe serving not only the needs of my client's UK division, but the entirety of their worldwide operations.
- The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
- To undertake on site, at the PCB manufacturers premises, the visual and mechanical inspection of bare PCBs for space flight use against the client's and external requirements as appropriate.
- To undertake examination of release and verification micro-sections utilising bright and dark field microscopy against the client and their external requirements, recording worst case and extreme measurements as appropriate.
- To complete the appropriate source inspection reports and documentation to accept or reject the product as applicable and to report the inspection findings in a timely manner to enable release of product.
- HNC in Electronics Engineering, Quality & Methods or equivalent.
- Proven experience and knowledge of PCB manufacturing processes and technologies.
- Experience of inspecting bare PCBs and reviewing PCB micro-sections.
- IPC 600 certified (or experienced to an equivalent level without certification).
- Experience of ECSS PCB requirements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Negotiation level English.