Territory Sales Manager
Job title- Territory Sales Manager
Salary - up to £40k per annum
The Territory Sales Manager will grow sales with existing and new prospects whilst upholding a high level of customer satisfaction and with direct responsibility for specific markets. You will the trusted first point of contact for UK and Overseas customers, working with customers and specifiers to develop and win new business.
- Develop relationships with a range of customers, specifiers and stakeholders in the construction industry, to develop the company profile, maintain existing business and generate new opportunities.
- To create, monitor and pursue leads and opportunities and turn them into new business.
- To continue to work with customers after order placement to ensure customer expectations are exceeded and post sales actions are completed.
- Manage and develop specific territories and customer accounts to meet sales targets, as set out by the Head of Sales.
- Maintain regular contact with customers, specifiers and stakeholders in the construction industry to build effective working relationships to establish trust and confidence and generate new opportunities.
- Maintain a sales pipeline for assigned territories and accounts to ensure conversion rate for leads and opportunities are maximised.
- Attend monthly Sales meetings and report in on the pipeline.
- Regularly visit customers worldwide in order to negotiate and win orders, promote their business, maintain relationships, present developments and provide training.
- Represent and promote the business to specifiers, industry groups and stakeholders in the construction industry, including giving presentations and training, and attending trade fairs and exhibitions.
- Provide technical advice to designers, specifiers and construction industry stakeholders at all stages of construction projects to ensure that the business products are correctly specified.
- Generate and issue quotations and respond to enquiries, technical questions and after sales issues for assigned customers and territories.
- Understand customers’ specifications or drawings, then issue quotations working within the parameters of technical feasibility and using correct price lists, discounts, delivery parameters and payment terms.
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge, remaining up to date with all product changes and new products.
- Receive customer orders and ensure that all technical and commercial details are correct and agreed with customer. Collate all information required and pass to Operations team.
- Contract review quotations as produced by colleagues, up to decision making jurisdiction.
- Mechanical and/or Engineering knowledge and ability to read drawings
- Microsoft Office Software essential including Outlook
- ERP systems & sales order processing (preferably Microsoft Dynamics Navision)
- Engineering/Manufacturing/Construction background
- Publishing and presentation software
- Fluent English and French (Verbal and Written)
- Interpret engineering and architectural drawings
- Proven Technical Engineering/Manufacturing or Construction
- International commercial travel and culturally aware
- Excellent communication at all levels
- Adaptable, flexible and capable of prioritising and managing tasks in a dynamic environment
- Presentation skills
- Key Account Management