One of my leading clients who manufacturers mechanical systems for A range of industries including oil and gas, power generation, marine. MOD and industrial are looking for a Design Engineer to join their growing team based in Birmingham, please see the details below.
The main requirements of the Design Engineer to carry out 3D CAD modelling and to produce manufacturing drawings. Applicants should have experience in working with Heat Exchangers, or be from a fabrication or Pressure Vessel environment.
Day to day duties include:
- To generate and compile drawings using SolidWorks
- To compile the necessary bills of material.
- To check drawings and to ensure, in conjunction with the Drawing Office Manager, that designs produced are both accurate and cost effective.
- To liaise with other relevant disciplines within the company to ensure requirements are met, that work is completed to the scheduled target dates and within the agreed budget
- Experience using an MRP system would be an advantage.
- Applicants should have extensive experience in the use of SolidWorks (current or recent versions), for the creation of 3D models and 2D engineering drawings.
- Candidates with knowledge of other 3D CAD software may also be considered.
Salary Expectations £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services.
We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at www.asc-connections.com