999 Call Handler
Are you a career minded individual that wants to make the next move the right one? Are you keen to give back to your local community in an un-paralleled fashion? Has your employment history or life experience given you the ability to handle difficult decisions? If so this important role working with the West Midlands Police could be the position for you.
As a contact officer/call handler you will need to be ready to manage calls for service 24/7. You will be handling difficult situations and making crucial decisions whilst communicating accurate and concise information to the in-house team. The actions you take within this role will have a critical impact and will have a direct influence on the eventual outcome of said situation.
To be successful within this role a calm manner, ability to make key decisions and an understanding of what to do in distressing situations will be imperative.
We are now progressing into the final weeks of our recruitment drive and are focusing on fulfilling requirements in central Birmingham, West Bromwich and Bourneville stations
- Ability to create update and accurately track incident logs to include relevant information and intelligence whilst possessing the ability to dispatch and monitor resources.
- A capacity to engage with the general public, external partners, internal departments and any relevant stakeholders.
- Receive and process all incident logs & identify and manage identified risks.
- To carry out such other duties which are consistent with the nature, responsibilities and grading of the post.
- Use all available technology within the contact centre environment. This will include the operation, understanding and interrogation of all IT systems relevant to the role.
- To take personal responsibility for daily self-briefed on all in-house systems
- Deal with and ensure that the appropriate manager is informed and updated regarding any issues pertaining to threat, harm, risk and vulnerability which are likely to impact on or affect service delivery and performance.
- Assist and support Duty Officer with the co-ordination of major incident deployment.
- To deal with calls for service at the first point of contact where appropriate and possible. Utilising the Grading Framework to identify the most appropriate service option where resolution is not possible at first point of contact.
- Make clear timely decisions ensuring all calls for service are assessed effectively to ensure the distribution of appropriate resources are made.
- Un-paralleled ability to make important decisions
- A clear and concise communicator
- The ability to multi-task whilst under pressure
- Excellent computer & keyboard skills
- Customer care
- Customer driven and a customer focus is key
- Be available; on call 24/7 365 days a year
- 24 days holiday a year + bank holidays
- Various health benefits
- Recognition schemes
- Long service awards
This role will require a driven and motivated individual with the ability to put everything they can into their job, if you are looking for a 'stop gap' this is not the role for you, it is an investment into your career and a fantastic opportunity to progress with one of the most recognised organisations within Birmingham. So if you feel you have what it takes, apply now.
Please note we are heading into the final weeks of the recruitment process and applications after the week commencing 24th July may not be considered
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Why not listen to some of the inspiring stories from our candidates and their one piece of career advice. It's just a few of the thousands of people who have found success in their working lives with Randstad. Visit to find out what you could become.