Senior Consultant- Project Management
Job Title: Senior Consultant
Salary: Dependant on experience and qualifications.
Reports to: Associate Director
Purpose of Job
You will be required to deliver a range of specialist healthcare commissions using specialist skills such as; programme and project management, option appraisal, business cases, and other strategic estates related services to our healthcare clients. Key areas of responsibility in addition to delivering exceptional services are business development and client management, ensuring Capita Health maintains a customer focused market-led approach to all its activities.
- Contribute to the achievement of Capita's Health business plan through fee earning to set annual targets.
- Maintain and develop existing relationships with our clients and ensure that customer-focused high quality services are maintained. Develop strong, partnering relationships with client personnel in order to challenge and influence their thinking
- Develop and propose potential solutions that meet or exceed client expectations
- Plan and carry out assigned commissions under the guidance of senior colleagues to deliver defined project outcomes
- Manage the planning and delivery of all projects, to ensure that schemes are delivered to exceed client's expectations and are completed on time, and within budget.
- Manage the manpower resource of a project team to ensure profitable business and sustainable client relationships are achieved.
- Design, plan and deliver meetings, presentations and workshops that engage client personnel and deliver project objectives
- Arrange, facilitate and lead in client meetings, conferences and other project team activities
- Prepare and maintain monthly financial performance against agreed targets
- Actively participate in collecting market intelligence and provide feedback to your line manager to assist in the development of the marketing strategy
- Attend training to develop and build on knowledge and professional skills
- Coach/mentor consultants if required
- Carry out staff appraisals and line management responsibilities if required
- Adhere to Capita business processes, Health & Safety and manpower related policies.
- Timely completion of time sheets and expenses
- Educated to Degree Level or equivalent (preferably in a building or health related discipline)
- Recognised external accreditation/qualification aligned to either healthcare or project management
- Corporate Membership of a relevant professional institution
- Experience in working in the NHS, other Government Departments, a construction related profession or in a consultancy environment.
- Over 5 years post qualification experience
- 5 years managerial experience
- Demonstrable understanding of the full estate investment lifecycle in the NHS, from planning to commissioning
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of UK health policies, systems, structures and health care service delivery concepts
- Experience of engaging with senior management of a healthcare organisation and/or clinical staff
- Ability to analyse and interpret quantitative and qualitative information and data
- Ability to produce high quality reports, presentations and other relevant documentation
- Proven track record in the development of business cases for the NHS, including PID, SOC, OBC and FBC, plus knowledge of the approval processes and approving bodies for NHS business cases
- Proven track record in the planning and design of healthcare facilities and experience of developing estates strategy proposals
- Proven ability to function at a senior managerial level
- Ability to organise self and others
- Programme, portfolio and project management skills
- Negotiation skills
- IT literate in Microsoft applications
- Use of MS Project
Personal Qualities and Behaviours
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Decisive and proactive
- Problem solver
- A positive team player
- Motivator of others
- Positive proactive can-do approach
- Prepared to listen and learn
- Current driving licence essential
- Flexibility to work in any part of the U.K., sometimes necessitating overnight stays, and to work in evening and at weekends if required when work demands
- Manage to produce high quality work to tight timescales
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.