Fire Protection Engineer - Gas Suppresion
An award winning fire protection and safety company is recruiting for Fire Protection Engineer to join to team. Offering an excellent base salary of up to £32K, plus door to door travel time, call out bonus, plenty of overtime, and opportunities of training / development.
The company are a leading integrator of fire detection, alarms, gas suppression, fire extinguishers and life safety equipment. They hire over 30 engineers across the UK, and have direct line support from supervisors, service managers and technical support managers. Gent approved, Jactone suppression approved, and they also hold various accreditation's including BAFE, FIA, CHAS, PAFSS and other ISO quality standards.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the fire protection engineer's duties will include -
- Routine service and maintenance of conventional and addressable Fire Alarm systems
- Working with Gent, Morley, Advanced, Kentec, Ziton as well as others
- Service and maintenance to gas suppression systems within data centres and large sites
- Swapping / changing cylinders, inspections and quality checks
- Fault finding, and breakdown call out response
- Providing a high level of customer service to all clients when on site, resolving queries or technical issues
- Covering the on call rota 1 weekend in 6 from Fri to Sun, and 1 evening per week to be allocated
- Ensuring paperwork is completed and handed into the office as required
- Extensive travel around the midlands and further out if necessary
The role provides an ideal opportunity to further develop your existing skill sets as an engineer, our client offers in house training consistently including Room Integrity Testing, Fire sprinklers and Extinguisher systems.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following demonstrable skills:
- Proven background in service and maintenance of fire alarm panels and gas suppression systems
- FIA membership certificate
- Strong electrical skills
- Excellent customer service, planning and organisation skills
- Clean drivers license
- Flexibility towards overtime and call out rota
- Prepared to do extensive travel if the business requires you to
Candidates with experience of room integrity testing is a distinct advantage but not essential. The company are a Gent approved supplier and again Gent experience is ideal but not essential.
Core working hours of 8:30am - 5pm Mon to Fri
What's on Offer
Basic salary of £30 - £32K for the right person
All travel time paid at normal rate
Standby allowance of £12 per day
Overtime paid after 5pm, Time & 1/2 for weekday and Saturday, Double Time Sunday
Mobile Phone & PDA
Company Van, Tool kit + Fuel Card, can also be used for personal use at weekends but fuel is to be paid for
20 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays
Workplace Pension scheme
If you'd like to join a growing team of close knit engineers whilst developing your own skill set within the fire protection industry, then please apply immediately
Telephone and face to face interviews available asap.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services.
We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at www.asc-connections.com