Salary: £17,500 per annum
Main purpose of the Junior Accountant:
To perform the following duties in the separate areas of client fund accounting and revenue and expense accounting.
Key Responsibilities of the Junior Accountant:
Client Fund Accounting
Maintenance of Client Funds including:
- Banking of Client Fund Receipts
- Allocating Claims Payments
- Maintaining the Client fund Cashbook
- Stopping cheques on Barclays Imagepay
- Banking and processing Recoveries
- Preparation and issue of invoices to Clients
- Maintaining the Client Fund Invoice Register
- Preparing Claims Listings for clients in order to support requests for Funds
Revenue and Expense Accounting
- Paying expenses via Barclays.net
- Checking receipts against personal expense claims
- Processing journals into the Sun ledger accounting system
- Dealing with queries from suppliers
- Banking of receipts
Skills required to become the Junior Accountant:
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered to.
- Ability to work under pressure and without supervision.
- Ability to liaise with colleagues when appropriate.
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to construct effective written communications, including letters and reports. Capable and confident written English skills.
- Confident and effective telephone skills.
- Confident numeracy skills.
- Full training in the role will be provided, with regular on-going training, reinforced by progress towards professional qualifications.
IT Skills required for the Junior Accountant role:
- MS Word
- MS Excel – intermediate level
- MS Outlook
- Accurate data input skills
- MS Excel Advanced
- Access – intermediate level
If you feel that you meet the above criteria for the Junior Accountant role then please apply now!