Lead System Design Engineer
telent (Lead System Design Engineer, Warwick)
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
With current annual revenues of £399M, 1,900 employees and 23 operational locations across the UK and Ireland, we are a leading technology company which designs and delivers solutions and services for organisations to create, improve and maintain their ICT, mission critical communications networks and operational systems, vital in the effective operation of the nation's infrastructure.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
- Acting as the lead design engineer for customer's project, you will be responsible for undertaking all technical aspects of projects. This will include managing the production of design packages, ensuring all works are carried out to the correct standard, acting as consultant for new works and production of cost models.
- Be responsible of management of technical interface to Client Discipline Engineer.
- Be responsible of managing and producing designs in accordance with the Rail Engineering Plan.
- Perform reviews to verify designs are compliant to contract technical requirements.
- Ensure designs are risk assessed in accordance with CDM obligations.
- Ensure designs are fully integrated with other disciplines.
- Manage and produce test documentation to validate the implemented designs.
- Verify Bill of Materials against designs.
- Provide technical support to implementation teams.
- Produce as-built documentation and associated test results.
- Report against programme to relevant Project Manager.
- Ensure all works are carried out in accordance with the Construction, Health & safety Plan, Environmental Plan and Quality Plan.
- Drive efficiencies in repeated work scopes through design re-use.
- Implement robust processes that aim to eliminate telent incurred re-work costs in all delivery phases.
- Ensure designers are efficiently utilised.
- Complete Performance Reviews for line reports, identifying any training requirements for the role.
- Produce Resource plans for customers' works.
- Interface with internal discipline engineers to ensure all works are planned and completed on time.
- Be an effective communicator (both written and verbal).
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
- Good Rail knowledge / Experience.
- Proven experience in delivering telecoms related projects into a Rail or Metro environment.
- Strong experience in System design, integration and test for following technologies:
- All Station comms systems
- Station Management Systems
- Security CCTV (Analogue and IP)
- Customer Information Systems and Displays
- Public Address, Voice Alarm and Induction Loops
- Passenger Help Points
- Data Networks
- OPO/TtT CCTV Systems
- Degree or HNC in Engineering related subject (desirable)
- IRSE License (Desirable)
- You will be an effective communicator (both written and verbal) and be able to effectively direct others in the production of design packages and the implementation of these designs in a safe and controlled manner.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
- An employee-funded car leasing scheme
- Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.