1st Line Support / Service Desk
Job role: 1st Line Support / Service Desk
Job Type: Contract (6 months)
Hours of work: Flexi Hours (37.5)
Salary £18,000 +
Do you have previous Helpdesk / 1st Line Support experience and are immediately available?
This is a key role with IT Services Dept with responsibility to provide support and advice to employees on a range of IT issues & to provide a comprehensive and professional ICT Services Desk service to staff and external customers, 1st Line Support / Service Desk
What the 1st Line Support / Service Desk role involves:
- Handling all customer contact, via email, telephone and self-service.
- Logging all incident, service request and problem records.
- Allocating category profiles and prioritisation codes.
- Providing initial investigation and diagnosis.
- Resolving incidents and service requests and restoring service as quickly as possible.
- Achieving service level agreement, response and fix times.
- Escalating incidents/requests that cannot be resolved in agreed timescales and prior to SLA breach.
- Keeping users informed of progress.
- Closing all resolved incidents, requests and other calls.
- Provision of standby and on call service.
- Any other duties as and when required appropriate to the level of this post.
- Managing incoming calls on the Helpdesk
- Organising and liaising with other team members in the efficient handling of calls
- In time, with sufficient training, advising users on solutions available
- Supporting the IT function
- You are responsible for your health and safety and have a duty of care for others around you within your working environment.
- Promoting good housekeeping for an efficient working environment
Essential career experience for an 1st Line Support / Service Desk
- Knowledge and level of proficiency in the use of IT software packages required
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Applications
- Windows 7 and XP
- General PC and Telephony support
- Remote Support tools - Dameware, GotoAssist
Desirable for an 1st Line Support / Service Desk
- Service Desk Management Toolsets
- PC hardware
- Forefront Identity Manager
- Microsoft Exchange
- Citrix Admin
- Fundamentals of networking
This is an immediately available role so please do not apply if you are in a permanent position, and not available to start ASAP.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.