Location: Sutton Coldfield, B72 1SX
Salary: Excellent DOE
Employment Status: Part-Time, Permanent
Wilmington plc is a dynamic and expanding company with a common aim - turning knowledge into advantage. We provide information and training to professional business markets within the Risk & Compliance, Finance, Legal and Insight sectors.
Main Purpose of Role:
Is to be focal point for all things creative within the Design team; producing innovative design solutions for all the businesses within Wilmington PLC. Ensuring that the team ethos is consistent and managing quality control with consistency and reputation to the highest standards.
Reporting to the Design & Document Services Manager (DDSM) and responsible for the running of the Design team workload and acting as a Senior figure within the department. Design solutions vary across media formats including flyers, brochures, email and web.
• To be responsible for creating design solutions - proposing new designs and redesigning
• To coordinate the workload of the Design team effectively - monitoring volumes and priorities; reporting back to the DDSM
• To assist the DDSM in representing the design team for acquiring new business, to occasionally include presentations
• To evaluate and critique artwork; ensuring briefs have been fulfilled to high industry standard
• Devise, formulate and lead on redesign projects in a professional and creative manner, resulting in new and enticing designs
• Evaluate processes and identify improvement, improving efficiencies
• Ensure excellent customer service is provided
• Create and send email marketing
• Ensure brand guidelines are followed, and create them where required
• Attend meetings internally and at other sites
• Act as mentor to the other designers
• Keep up-to-date with software, working practices and design trends. Ensuing the design team are providing a competitive service within the business, undertaking training where necessary
The Senior Designer will have the ability to interpret a brief, with enthusiasm and professionalism. They will be thorough, have attention to detail and be eager to keep consistency within brand guidelines. They will be expected to prioritise tasks and adapt to changing workloads whilst offering support and guidance to other team members.
They will have a positive outlook on all design projects and work closely and professionally with 'clients’ as required. They will ensure that the team ethos is adhered to and offer support to the manager when required. They will be proactive and not afraid of change. They will strive to be better and will embrace each design project in an innovative manner.
The person in this role:
The Senior Designer will have a proven minimum of 8 years experience. They will be professional, good at communicating and able to develop new relationships. They will be a positive influence within the team and able to motivate and encourage others. They will be opinionated with the ability to communicate views and ideas professionally. The candidate will be able to prioritise workload and escalate (where appropriate) any potential issues/concerns to the manager, whilst continuing to offer support to the rest of the team. They should be self-motivated and thrive for excellence and good reputation. The Senior designer should show creative flair in all aspects of the role and be flexible in approach, finding solutions to problems within estimated timeframes whilst communicating with clients throughout the process. The ideal candidate will not be phased by tight deadlines and working under pressure. They will be driven and have a good success rate within their field.
The skills required:
• Excellent design skills - showing originality and a good understanding of design
• Strong organisation and time management
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to guide and mentor fellow designers
• Good attention to detail, speed and accuracy essential
• Be creative in every aspect of role
• Good understanding of print production
• Excellent technical skills in Adobe CC - InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
• Good working knowledge of HTML, fonts, ExactTarget, InCopy, AfterEffects
We are focused on ensuring that Wilmington remains a great place to work. We value our people and we continue to invest in their career development. We encourage learning, and career opportunities are possible across all Wilmington companies
"We are committed to equality, equality of opportunity and valuing diversity"