On-site Technician - Term time only role
Salary: £16,000 (Pro rata equates to £13,600)
About Capita |Link2ICT
Link2ICT has over 150 staff providing services to over 1,000 schools across the country, including all aspects of technical services, professional services and software development. Link2ICT occupies a niche in the ICT market, specialising in the deployment and usage of end to end ICT solutions within educational environments, covering learners of all ages from nursery through to adult education. Our aspiration is to use ICT to improve the achievement of all learners.
This position is responsible for the support of a number of schools' ICT systems by visiting them on a rota basis. The technician is required to deliver this service to a quality in accordance with agreed service standards and to liaise with other ICT teams and external organisations.
The role will include providing technical support for admin and curriculum networks, as well as some hardware, network infrastructure and audio visual equipment support. The role is mainly based on site within schools and will require managing own time and workload proactively.
- To resolve problems relating to networks, PC hardware and software in schools by telephone, remote support or site visit.
- Maintain an awareness of the services and technological developments and advise customers (and or partners) accordingly.
- Ensure effective communication with schools.
- Deliver training as required to a wide range of ability levels.
- Ensure appropriate communication with customers and users where there are problems with, or changes to the delivery of their ICT services.
Organisation and planning
- Complete day to day tasks within specified time as well as prioritising own workload within schools.
- Plan and manage the service's workload to ensure the most responsive and efficient use of the available resources.
- Assist with the process of analysing the training needs for staff in schools.
- To contribute to projects and ICT developments and achieve targets set for the implementation of those projects.
- Awareness of relevant legislation, statutory obligations and national ICT Strategies relating to educational establishments
- Windows Server products 2008, 2012 & 2016
- Windows 7, 8.1 and 10
- Apple products - current IOS
- The successful applicant will require security clearance (i.e. DBS checked).
- Current and clean full driving licence and use of a car.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you a discretionary annual bonus, pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share plan schemes, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.