Training and HSE (Health & Safety and Environment) Coordinator
Global Aerospace Manufacturer requires a Training and HSE (Health & Safety and Environment) Coordinator who will be responsible for managing all aspects of Plant Operations Training including documentation and compliance to support the HSE Manager.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Will liaise with Operations line managers to identify training requirements and will have shared responsibility with Manufacturing Manager and Engineering Manager for ensuring 100% compliance with company training policy.
- Will develop and maintain course materials, handouts, training aids etc to ensure material and course content is current and effective e.g. keep up to date with HSE legislation and best practice
- Accountable for effective communication of course schedules to ensure 100% attendance will monitor non-attendees and escalate non compliance with mandatory/company training requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate training records, updating compliance matrix spreadsheets, updat LMS and issuing certificates.
- Will carry out regular audits of training records
- Accountable for own professional development and maintaining accreditation to deliver training in line with business needs
- Responsible for maintaining all training related information required for ISO, customer accreditations and HSE requirements
- Implementation and Management of apprentices development framework
- Will deputise for HSE Manager when required
- Will conduct new starter HSE inductions on their first day of employment
- Responsible for maintaining accident and incident reporting systems, compile statistics and identify trends through data analysis
- Will monitor the implementation and review effectiveness of corrective actions from accidents and incidents
- Will produce monthly reports for management and team meetings to include accident data, IR trends and closed out actions
- Must review HSE compliance calendar ensuring deadlines are met
- Will support the HSE Manager to ensure site policies and procedures are up to date and effectively communicated
- Will support Shift Managers and Team Leaders to review Risk Assessments and Standard Operating Procedures when changes are made and new equipment implemented
- Accountable for auditing the Plant by carrying out safety tours and inspections. Will report on findings and refer results/actions as required.
The ideal candidate:
- Qualified to a minimum of NEBOSH Certificate level.
- Manufacturing background would be desirable.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Someone with the ability to engage the workforce regarding health and safety and an ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to coordinate training programmes, monitor attendance and creating an efficient database with which to monitor this.
- Experience in accident reporting, auditing and risk assessments.