We have the pleasure of working with a global power electronic solutions manufacturer based in Newcastle to source an Engineering Manager. This will be a great opportunity for a talented Manager to join a growing organisation who operate on a Global scale.
This role is offering a great salary package, along with a generous relocation package to Newcastle for candidates based elsewhere in the UK and also candidates living abroad. The client also offer sponsorship for Non EU applications.
Newcastle has been recently recognised as a thriving tech sector of the North East of England, which has been rated higher than both London and Manchester. The North East has had a 25% growth in tech businesses in the past 5 years and this is predicted to continue to grow. Along with boasting a strong working industry, the North East is home to cultural quayside cities and beautiful North Sea beaches. You can discover cosmopolitan Newcastle and Gateshead museums and galleries for a dose of its Roman heritage, cross neon footbridges between redeveloped quays, or chant with the `Toon Army` at a Magpies football game - you'll soon feel like a true Geordie. Take a look at the following link if you`d like to find out more - things-to-do/tyne-and-wear.
- Working with the Engineering & Business Development Director, deliver & maintain the technical road map for Energy & Grid, ensuring that all necessary development initiatives are completed to support new projects and programs.
- Manage a team of highly skilled engineers
- Support Business Development activities and advise on the appropriate technology roadmap for this sector.
- Ensure that realistic and competitive bids are prepared by assisting in the preparation and review of content and costs for tenders prior to submission.
- Identify market needs to generate opportunities for the business.
- Generate internal proposals to close a strategic gap in capability or product.
- Call and chair design reviews to ensure projects meet all technical and commercial requirements.
- Provide leadership, management and coaching of team individuals.
- Complete the appraisal process for team members and identify development opportunities for individuals.
- Ensure that projects comply to all necessary and relevant electrical product safety requirements relevant to their region and application of use.
- Lead technical investigations and route cause analysis to address major design issues affecting development programmes and products.
- Actively follow the Company`s Health and Safety Policy, procedures and safe systems of work.
- Candidates will hold a Degree in Electronic Engineering (or related field).
- A post graduate qualification such as a PhD or a Master`s Degree or a Member of IET or a Chartered Engineer.
- Strong design and test experience of Power Electronic Converters (AC:AC, DC:DC, DC:AC) and/or Motor Drives.
- Strong experience using simulation tools including Matlab/Simulink.
- Theory and practice in engineering skillsets including Power Electronics Design, Analogue & Systems Engineering, Digital Electronics, System Simulation, Control Engineering, Grid Codes & Product Standards, EMC & mitigation, Packaging Design.
- Knowledge of microprocessor control, software development, thermal design and specification of electromagnetic assemblies.
- Experience in technical bid writing and support of business development activities in the energy, transmission and distribution sector.
- Strategic product development and execution experience - demonstrating evidence of product conception through to delivery.
- Strong management skills with experience of leading multi-disciplined engineers.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring, time & resource allocation and analysis and reporting.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are required, both written and verbal.
This is a permanent position working a minimum of 37hrs per week, the role is offering a competitive salary with good company benefits, along with a great relocation package to Newcastle.
The person to contact for this role will be Tony Hutchinson, he can be contactable on .