Warehouse Shift Manager
My client is currently looking for an experience Shift Manager to join their well established team. You will ideally have 3 years + experience as a shift manager and be looking to advance your career.
The Shift Manager's role is to maximise the performance of depot operations on a shift basis to meet client and company requirements through effective direction, resource planning, meaningful and regular communication at all levels, and ongoing training and development as required. Ensure that the operation complies with all legal, corporate and customer requirements for safety, quality, service delivery and cost at all times.
* Manage operational performance on shift to achieve agreed Key Performance Indicators on productivity, quality and cost
* Liaise with customer representatives at all levels to understand and deliver on their requirements, acting at all times as a company values ambassador.
* Ensure workload planning and resourcing routines are accomplished to the required standard
* Manage cost budget for own area and identify cost saving opportunities where appropriate
* Ensure that company policies and processes are being adhered to at all times
* Accountable for delivering a safe, high quality, and customer focused service on shift at all time
* Achievement of KPI's on productivity, quality and cost providing commentary and improvement plans where KPI's are not achieved
* Building and maintaining effective working relationships with Trade Union or other colleague representation bodies
* Training and development of direct reports and colleagues on shift in line with their personal aspirations and the needs of the business
* Develop a culture of respect and high performance within your team
* Develop strong management capability through effective performance management, coaching, mentoring and development of teams and individuals
* Complete all team performance reviews for direct reports, accurately and within time frame
* Develop robust succession plans for all key roles on shift
* Control absence levels on shift by robust and consistent application of absence management process
* 3 years' experience of leading teams in a complex Retail logistics / warehousing environment
* Demonstrable record of delivering against targets for own area of responsibility
* Self-motivated individual able to demonstrate ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as on own initiative
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
* Demonstrable record of building and developing teams, driving high performance and engaging with colleagues at all levels
A salary of £30,000 + Benefits