Transport Operations Manager- Leading 3PL
My client, a leading 3PL based in Birmingham, are currently seeking an experienced Transport Operations Manager to oversee a national operation.
The ideal candidate will have previous management experience working with a 3PL environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress with a market leader.
A leading 3PL based in Birmingham.
- Ensure resource requirements are managed in an efficient manner on forecast activity and devise tactical plans to manage shortages with a fixed internal specialist resource
- Regular briefings with Transport Controller and Transport Co-Ordinators to support the flow of information and feedback for all business and customer updates and initiatives
- Provide out of hours support for business critical issues
- Develop effective plans to ensure the team is cross-trained to provide increased flexibility and achieve all SLAs
- Provide support, advice and coaching to Operations Controller and Transport Co-Ordinators in line with ongoing development programmes and succession planning
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external customers to better understand key business drivers and devise tactical improvement plans to support continued growth/success
- Manage all people processes including performance management, time and attendance, conduct issues which include the carrying out of formal investigations and disciplinary hearings.
- Ensure accident and incident investigations are carried out and recorded
- Report any H&S issues to Contract Manager, review all investigations and corrective measures to ensure root cause has been identified and addresses
- Conduct reviews and appraisals in line with company standard contributing to the site succession plans
- Promote a culture of Continuous Improvement by capturing and leading CI initiatives/projects and developing support structures through CI training workshops
- Undertake special projects, provide statistics and reports as required
- Responsible for developing and promoting a best in class health and safety culture
- Conducting external site visits to external customer sites in line with process
- Ensure all drivers are legally compliant to work and are fully trained to carry out their duties.
- Ensure all legislative controls are in place for all mechanical equipment including tractor units and mobiles
- Manage and control all documents to ensure they are controlled, legal and compliant
Experience of customer account management on a day to day basis is essential
- Degree educated or Equivalent
- CPC International
- Previous 3PL experience
- Ability to think on your feet in a busy ever changing environment
- Relevant Health and safety qualification i.e. IOSH Managing safely
- Demonstrate people development, motivational, communication and team skills
- Exposure to operating within a commercial environment
- Experience in working within a demanding high-stakes operation
- Strategic Management Awareness
Salary on offer is between £37,000 and £38,000.