Business Development Manager - AV / IT Industry
Role: Business Development Manager
Reporting To: Sales & Marketing Manager
Job Purpose: New Business Sales
To achieve sales targets by pro-actively selling the companies branded products and solutions (specifically meeting space, work place and corporate training) to End Users.
To provide accurate feedback of the results of meetings.
Key Responsibilities and Accountability:
* Cold call and prospect new customers with a view to opening 'new business' accounts.
* Organise time to maximise the visit opportunities that are available, particularly with reference to spending extra time at each call to open other avenues of sale for each prospect.
* Plan and organise workloads to make the most effective use of the opportunities to sell my clients products.
* Glean the necessary information from prospects, utilising appropriate sales techniques (i.e. good questioning and listening), to provide a suitable product offering that maximises the sales opportunity and meets the needs of the customer.
* Maximise the sales potential of every call, ensuring that individual targets are either met or exceeded.
* Support other team members in the achievement of any team targets.
* Record all the relevant information from customers, utilising the company's standard procedures and software so that any follow-up action is effective, efficient and within agreed time-scales.
* To ensure that your sales opportunity pipeline is accurate and kept up to date at all times.
* To achieve base premium expectations against target.
* Demonstrate products at every available opportunity
* Must possess good listening and questioning techniques.
* Sales-orientated and possess drive and determination to succeed.
* Outgoing, an excellent verbal communicator with a pleasant, confident manner.
* A good team-worker.
* Willing and able to learn new skills quickly.
* Conscientious and resilient with a "can-do, will do" mentality.
* Numerate and possess a minimum grade C in Maths GCSE or equivalent.
* Good typing skills and be IT literate.
* A good technical understanding of IT, AV for presentation of solutions.
You will be expected to develop a coherent working partnership with Internal Sales and Account Managers.
Performance targets will be communicated to you and reviewed on a regular basis.
Weekly activity reports are required to explain the relevance of each sales opportunity.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services.
We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at www.asc-connections.com