Graduate Design Estimator (Civil Engineering and Construction)
Job Type: Graduate Design Estimator (Civil Engineering and Construction)
Salary: £20,000 to £25,000
Sector/Industry: Civil Engineering and Construction
Job Reference: HPCA83
- £20,000 to £25,000 basic
I have a fantastic opportunity to work with a leading piling specialist, providing bespoke design and installation services to the UK civil engineering and construction industry. Due to an increase in work they are looking to expand their estimating team.
This role will be a split role 50% Design and 50% estimating. You will need to have experience with AutoCad or similar software packages.
Ideally you will have some exposure to the following:
- Interpret architectural engineering plans, blueprints and specification drawings to determine the scope of works
- Check the tender requirements against the Company’s governance procedure and accordance with the Company’s Sales and Commercial Strategy to determine the most appropriate engineering design solution for the installation of sheet steel, king post, driven or bored piles, etc.
- Prepare designs for fully embedded retaining walls, king post walls, cantilever and propped solutions using information supplied by the client or suitable generic engineering values for the soil strata present on site
- In conjunction with the Contracts Manager, conduct site inspections for tender understanding, analysis of conditions, assessment of risk and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in the tender documents
- Review contract conditions and incorporate the Company’s requirements within a written tender submission document
- Liaise with client on an ongoing basis to determine progress of tender
My client is looking for experience and personality. This is a fast working environment so you will need to be able to work to strict deadlines. You will be working in an outgoing and supporting environment so my client would like your personality to match this.
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV through to Philip Challoner at Axis Recruitment (Liverpool) or alternatively please apply via the link below.