Key Account Manager - Automotive Manufacturing
Our client is one of the leading technology companies for the automotive market and due to rapid growth, they are now looking to recruit an Account Manager to manage one of their key client accounts. This account is responsible for annual sales of approx' 50m Euro but is projected to grow to up to 200m Euro in the next few years!
As Account Manager you will be responsible for new business growth as well as growth and expansion of existing accounts. You will contribute to all areas of the critical sales elements from customer strategy, price management, stakeholder relationship management internally and externally and the sales cycle.
Customer relationship management:
- Customer strategy - understanding and influencing what drives economic value for the customer
- Company strategy - understanding what drives economic value - profitability for the company etc
- Understanding customer organisational and decision making structure
- Able to analyse customer relationships; proactively identify recommendations on how to increase customer engagement and opportunities and direct customer strategy
- Understand key USP's over competitors
- Able to deliver customer plans after meetings - setting goals for each stage
Price management and delivery bookings;
- Understanding the pricing structure - develop and maintain pricing and cost models
- Provide accurate forecast activities taking into account market and economic cycles
- Reviewing current and past contracts to determine trends and 'win' strategies to recommend to the sales team
- Ability to lead and establish quote offers to customers, providing detailed cost breakdowns
- Able to negotiate on price when required and develop 'win-win' outcomes
Key skills/experience required;
- Proven experience of working in Account Management roles in the manufacturing or technology sector, working with high value clients (B2B) and building productive working relationships at all levels.
- Experience of Automotive OEMs would be preferred but not essential
- Degree educated in a relevant engineering field
- Strong presentation and communication skills at all levels
- Highly analytical, driven and proactive with sound decision making ability and able to demonstrate a good understanding of the markets that you operate in.
- Ability to influence others
- UK driving license and flexible on travelling to UK locations/client sites
If you feel that you have the right skills and experience and would like to know more, please apply online or contact Stuart Moore for further information in confidence.