Business Development manager-Higher education
Business Development Manager
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Capita Education Software Services (ESS) is part of Capita Plc. ESS has a broad set of propositions for the education market, the role is to work in the further education market - from the traditional back office systems that underpin the administration of student lifecycle to the emerging mobile needs of the digitally native student.
The role as a Business Development Manager is to uncover new business opportunities and to manage a number of HE clients in current and developing markets.
About Capita | Education software services
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
Capita Education Software Services are experts in helping Education departments manage student's data. Our management information systems enable better decision making and allow those who work with students to spend less time on meaningless administration.
ESS provides software, support and professional services to meet the needs of the further and higher education student administration marketplace. This role is within the FHE field sales team focuses on the need to deliver solutions to in these markets to the customer base. The role is a member of the field sales team and reports directly to the UK Sales Manager.
What you will do:
- Meeting the annual sales target agreed by the UK Sales Manager.
- Accurate forecasting of opportunities on a monthly/quarterly basis - including the accurate determination of when the sale will land and the associated likelihood of success
- Responding to customer and prospect queries, answering tender responses, attendance at meetings and follow the opportunity lifecycle through to successful completion
- Maintaining a high and visible level of customer activity across the assigned client base and produce timely and accurate site visit reports
- Take responsibility for keeping the CRM system up to date in terms of client information
- Keep abreast of key market trends and needs - both traditional and emerging
Your experience will demonstrate :
- You are a proven and successful salesperson with a clear understanding of the sales process
- You have a good understanding of enterprise software selling with proven success of managing relationships at the highest level
- You have experience in selling in the Higher Education Sector
- You are Educated to degree standard or equivalent
- You have Excellent presentation skills
- An Ability to multi task and meet demanding deadlines
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, , company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
The role is based at home. With the need to travel.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.