Health, Safety & Environment Specialist
I am currently looking for a Health, Safety & Environment Specialist to join a large automotive tier 1 supplier.
Overall Purpose / Scope of Position:
- The Health, Safety and Environmental Specialist is accountable for providing expertise, advice and support to the business in the areas of Health, Safety and Environment in order to ensure that the Company does not breach its’ statutory duties and place the health and well-being of its’ employees or the environment at risk. Environmental aspects also include business facilities management.
- This is predominantly a hand on role with approximately 80% doing and 20% planning and guidance.
Key Result Areas:
- Work with the UK HSE team and the Barton management team for the development, implementation, and compliance/adherence to health, safety and environmental policies and procedures for the business
- Monitor, analyse and report on the effectiveness of health, safety and environmental policies, processes and procedures, providing recommendations for change/improvements as necessary and take a hands on lead approach where necessary.
- Work with the senior management team to ensure compliance with legal and corporate health, safety and environment standards.
- Control the site HS&E risk assessment process
- Lead the business in achieving ISO 18001 standard.
- Lead the business in maintaining REACH compliance
- Contribute to the UK Ergonomic Improvement project
- Ensure maintenance of ISO 14001
- Document and maintain all aspects of the controlling management system for health, safety and environmental
- Provide support and expertise to the business in projects and/or activities that have an impact on employee health and safety and/or the environment
- Conduct and participate in externally and internally-led site audits for HS&E with the responsibility for preparing action plans and following through on plan requirements
- Maintain all HS&E records for the business
- Oversee the HS&E Committee activities and initiatives
- Oversee the First Aiders’ activities and initiatives
- Oversee the Occupational Nurse/Services activities and initiatives
- Work with the Environmental Coordinators for the site with a focus on the effective management of the handling and disposal of on-site materials and waste
- Co-ordinate all facilities management requirements of the site to maintain World Class standard facilities for all employees.
- Foster a safe and healthful work environment working with all levels in a positive and constructive manner to encourage interest in safety and to work with managers in maintaining standards whilst recognising the need to balance financial resources.
Working Conditions / Other features of Job:
- Hours of work, shift work; travel; working conditions; etc
- 39 hours per week
- Flexible working hours may be required depending on company activity.
Health, Safety and Environmental Factors:
- comfortable working in a pressured environment
- Standards worked to - HSE, TS16949, BOS
- NEBOSH Diploma qualified or equivalent
Job Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Desire to create a world class manufacturing facility
- 3 to 5 years working experience in HSE with an emphasis on policy and procedure development, implementation and control
- NEBOSH Diploma, CIEH, DipSM/HSE or NVQ4
- Applied Working knowledge of UK Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- Valid membership in IOSH
- Applied knowledge of ISO 18001
- Ability to work independently
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- People management skills
- Versatile and enthusiastic team player
If you are interested in this position please click APPLY!