Location: UK Wide (depending on project / client you are assigned)
Full time, Permanent contract
Unique opportunity to join our Central Resource Team within Project Services, working on different types of projects for around 6 months at a time (UK Wide travel required for role)
About the role:
Instrumental in supporting the Business Analysis function within a project services environment, this role requires a strong, well rounded and dynamic individual with proven business analysis capabilities. Reporting to either a Senior Business Analyst or a Project Manager within Project Services, this individual will be responsible for delivering business analysis elements to ensure successful delivery of change and IT projects to agreed time, cost and quality standards. The individual must have a demonstrable ability to work across all levels of stakeholders and third parties within a commercial environment.
About Capita | Life & Pensions:
Capita Life & Pensions is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We provide award-winning life and pensions solutions. As one of the leading consultancies in the UK, our specialist knowledge and expertise ensures we create innovative solutions which can make a real difference to our clients and their employees.
What you will do:
- Engagement with business experts to understand current business processes and/or transitional and future requirements
- Production of high/detailed level requirements and equivalent high/detailed level business solution design documentation to ensure completeness and coherence
- Analysis of business issues and needs by using the appropriate business analysis methodologies and techniques in order to elicit the real business need behind problem statements and high level requirements
- Ability to apply an appropriate level of challenge to ensure positive outcome
- Shaping, prioritisation and definition of the business requirements to provide best fit with system(s) functionality and delivery capability
- Risk identification, documentation and impact assessment, including action mitigation
- Planning/Facilitation/delivery of workshops from initial problem statements, requirements and data gathering through to implementation planning and delivery support
- Reviewing and sign off on implementation plans where appropriate
- Reviewing and sign off on test approach, plans, criteria and results to ensure traceability to business requirements
- Identify potential improvements as part of a wider Business Analysis Competency
- Providing an interface between the business areas and IT project team throughout the life cycle
- Operating effectively within a business change environment, adapting approach to suit working environment
Your experience will include:
- A proven track record in Business Analysis ideally with experience of working within the Life & Pensions sector;
- Strong facilitation, communication, listening, coaching and presentation skills, with experience of running results driven workshops
- Gathering, writing and translating business requirements.
- Experience of using structured methodologies and techniques
- Ability to work at a conceptual level where business objectives and requirements may not be well defined
- Demonstrate effective and productive stakeholder management both internally at all levels and with third parties
- Builds productive relationships with functions and third parties outside of the project team
- Experience of full project life cycle across a range of projects
- Strong influencing skills
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.