Customer Support Specialist - Chemistry Lab Instruments
Acts as the main interface between the company and their Customers and Distributors to maintain the highest level of Customer Support. Champions Customer requirements within the company. Ensure prompt and effective verbal and written communication to resolve technical and non-technical enquiries. Takes ownership of all enquiries and tracks the problems, to a successful conclusion.
- Working as a team to ensure Customers receive support within defined helpdesk working hours
- Taking ownership of customer issues and working through to a timely resolution within team and company KPIs.
- Working as a team to achieve accurate diagnosis of faults and, where possible, "first time fix" solutions.
- Learning and maintaining own technical knowledge across the whole product portfolio as well as developing more in-depth knowledge, where required.
- Liaising with other subsidiary helpdesks and ensuring information flow around the Service Centers globally.
- Acting as the liaison point between the European Support Teams and the UK manufacturing site / head office.
- Acting as a specialist within the helpdesk team for Separations application / scientific problem solving.
- Customer contact logging and tracking of enquiries.
- Creative use of all available resources to find innovative solutions.
- Prioritization of all enquiries and fault calls.
- Assigning, when required, Field Service Engineers (UK and International) to a service call.
- Providing feedback on product quality and design issues.
- Working closely with all departments and other Customer Support personnel.
- Acting as a representative of the Customer and the Customer Support Division at Product Quality Meetings and taking ownership of relevant issues.
- Maintaining and updating all relevant SAP records.
- Working with other Technical specialists to write and issue technical bulletins.
- Giving both Technical and Customer facing input, to help with the ongoing development of the Intranet, Extranet and the Internet.
- Providing support to all internal and external customers that may, from time to time, necessitate domestic and international off-site work.
- Providing secondary support for application and analysis departments, when necessary.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Chemistry-related degree to MSc or PhD level
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience of using laboratory instruments is essential.
- Well-developed problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Fluent English language skills. Fluency in one other language would be advantageous.
- Ability to work well on own and within the team.
- Experience in customer-facing role preferred.
- Must be competent using Microsoft Office software.