Estimator - HS2 - Rail - Enabling works - Birmingham
PSR Solutions are currently looking for an Estimator for HS2 working on the enabling works. You will be required to work within a small team small team of estimators to ensure that estimates are produced and delivered to meet the needs of the client. Bring added value to existing operations through the application of innovative solutions and technical expertise. Has responsibility for estimating processes and is able to interface with all other functions.
Key responsibilities and duties;
- Preparation of prime cost estimates.
- Establish procurement strategies from earliest possible stage.
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Contribute to the management team maintaining close contact with other functions.
- Contribute to the development of novel value engineered solutions with innovative and alternate ideas.
- Prepare subcontract packages as necessary with the aid of the Senior Estimator.
- Prepare and maintain robust, accurate, cost estimates for projects
- Evaluate quotations returned from suppliers and where necessary enter into correspondence to bring quotations in line with the project specific requirements.
- Prepare accurate quantity take-offs from project documentation.
- Prepare activity schedules for projects; utilising appropriate estimating software.
- Provide input for or maintain the project risk register.
- Prepare commercial documents for handover to the project execution team.
- Develop direct reports in accordance with company policy.
- Contribute to the development of standard procedures.
- Attend meetings (pre and post tender) with Professional Team and Client.
- Attend site visits.
- Advise on finalisation matters of risk, qualification and margin.
- Uphold and act in accordance with the clients values and principles
- Participate in and positively promote 'Making the Right Choice' programme
- Ensure compliance with JV policies and procedures
- Attend and engage with JV-wide collaboration / learning and development related activities
Qualifications and training:
Degree or masters qualified within civil engineering or similar qualification
If this is something that would be of interest and you feel you have the right experience please contact me on 07909-090029 or on 0203800-0055 or email me your CV on .
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75214578